DOST-PSHS open to applications for NCE for 2016-2017
This is an announcement from DOST.
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Science and Technology- Philippine Science High School System (DOST-PSHS) is now accepting applications for the National Competitive Examination (NCE) for incoming Grade 7 students for schoolyear 2016-2017.
Grade 6 pupils from schools duly recognized by the Department of Education who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the PSHS NCE:
- final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student’s report card, if the student’s grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, s/he must provide evidence that s/he belongs to the upper 10% of the class
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country
- be born on or after June 1, 2001
- be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2014-2015)
- not have taken the NCE previously
Application requirements include:
- Fully accomplished application form in two copies
- Two recent identical 1x1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable test fee (P100 for private schools, free for public schools)
- Copy of report card for schoolyear (2014-2015)
- If the final grades Science or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the class
Application forms can be downloaded for free at www.pshs.edu.ph and are also available and may be filed in any PSHS campuses nationwide, DOST Regional Office, or Provincial Science and Technology Office. Application forms with incomplete information will not be processed. Erasures, alterations and insertions must be initialed by the applicant.
The Examination Permits will be issued to the applicants upon completion of all documents by the campus where the application was processed. For applications filed with DOST offices, the exam permits will be mailed to the applicant, and/or to the school principal for distribution to its applicants.
In case the exam permits are not received two weeks before the examination day, the applicants should check with the nearest PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office, DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office, or the PSHS System Admissions Office. The deadline for filing of application is on August 24, 2015 and the date of examination will be on October 3, 2015.
The PSHS or Pisay, operating under one system of governance and management, provides scholarships to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics. Based on a curriculum that emphasizes science and mathematics and the development of well-rounded individuals, PSHS prepares its students for careers in science and technology.
To date, PSHS has 14 campuses nationwide, with the addition of the Calabarzon Region Campus which is opening this coming schoolyear 2015-2016.
For more information or inquiries, contact the PSHS System Office of the Executive Director – Admission Unit at tel. no. (02) 926-5701 or send an email to email@example.com.
Meanwhile, PSHS will be holding a one-day Robotics/Interactive Science Exhibit on July 27, 2015 during the celebration of DOST’s National Science and Technology Week (NSTW) which will be held at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia, Pasay City from July 24-28, 2015. Admission is free. – Rappler.com