Showbitz: Pinoy celebs anticipate the Oscars
MANILA, Philippines - Television personalities and the fashionable gathered last February 20 for the Velvet Oscar Party 2013 event. It was organized in anticipation of the much-awaited airing of the 85th Academy Awards on February 25, 6am on Velvet.
At the Rockwell Tent, attendees in elegant cocktail dresses and sky-high heels sashayed down the red carpet as a prelude to the Oscars’s own red carpet pre-show.
Fashion designer Kate Torralba, in an all-black two-piece ensemble and wearing intricate gold accessories, told Rappler that she can’t wait for the Oscars: “I think it’s a major, major event…There’s just something magical about the Oscars. It’s like a fusion of fashion and show business, star power, everything. For me, it’s always a spectacular event.”
And who among Hollywood’s stars is she looking forward to seeing on the red carpet?
“I’m a big fan of Kate Blanchett. I like her quirky style,” enthused Kate.
“Of late, I really like Emma Stone. I think she’s so beautiful and I love her sartorial choices.
"I also like Jennifer Lawrence. She’s beautiful, it’s a given, but you kind of wonder what she’s going to wear on the red carpet," she continued.
Actress Jessy Mendiola, clad in a nifty little black dress, told Rappler that the Hollywood celebrity she wants to see most is Anne Hathaway.
"I hope she’ll win because she really did great in ‘Les Miserables’,” Jessy said.
Here are Rappler's exclusive photos:
Read our awards season stories here:
- 'Twilight' is Razzies worst of 2012
- Oscar predictions: Best Actress
- Oscar predictions: Best Actor
- Interesting facts about the Oscars
- 'Silver Linings Playbook' wins big at Spirit Awards
- Hollywood prepares for its Oscars close-up
- Oscar predictions: Best Director
- Oscar predictions: Best Original Screenplay
- Oscar predictions: Best Supporting Actor
- Oscar predictions: Best Supporting Actress
- Oscar predictions: Best Animated Feature Film
- Homestretch: 2013 Awards season
- AS IT HAPPENED: 2013 BAFTA Awards
- AS IT HAPPENED: 55th Grammy Awards
- Live Blog: The 19th Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Ben Affleck wins top prize at DGA awards
- The fans have spoken: People's Choice Awards 2013
- 'Argo', Anne Hathaway, Daniel Day-Lewis win at the 19th SAG Awards
- 'Argo' wins producers' award in new pre-Oscar boost
- Ben Affleck wins best director after his Oscar nomination snub
- VIDEO: Golden Globes red carpet
- Live Blog: The 70th Golden Globes
- fun., Gotye win big at Grammys
- 'Family Guy' creator Seth MacFarlane ready to host the Oscars
- Hugh Jackman: Oscar nomination exciting, surreal
- 'Les Mis', 'Argo' triumph in BAFTAs