Boracay, among world's most romantic islands
MANILA, Philippines - Boracay, a favorite island destination in the country, has a new distinction.
Travel+Leisure ranked Boracay as the 5th most romantic island destinations in the magazine's February issue.
"Once a backpacking haven with only the most basic accommodations, this 5-mile-long island now rivals better-known Asian destinations such as Phuket and Koh Samui, Thailand. A 45-minute flight from Manila brings you to either Kalibo or Caticlan, where boats connect directly to White Beach, whose powdery sand may just be the softest in the world," T+L wrote.
It also cited Mandala Spa & Villas and the resort's yoga classes, the cliffside pool villa, and massage services, especially Filipino's traditional "hilot."
Below is the magazine's complete of its 'getaway escape' list
- Bora-Bora, French Polynesia
- Capri, Italy
- Santorini, Greece
- Kauai, Hawaii
- Boracay, Philippines
- Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Grenadines, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- Lanai, Hawaii
- Huahine, French Polynesia
- Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- St. Bart’s, French West Indies
- The Big Island, Hawaii
- St. John, American Virgin Islands
- Harbour Island, Bahamas
- Vancouver Island, British Columbia
- Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
- Mykonos, Cyclades, Greece
- St. Lucia
- Kiawah Island, SC
- Florida Keys
- Turks and Caicos
- Jost Van Dyke, British Virgin Islands