Norman Noriega, Jerome Salaya Ang, and Jeffrey Rogador unveil special collections for JAG Origins
MANILA, Philippines - The "Amihan" is keeping our nights (and most days) cool, but we know that summer is just around the corner.
Beauty expert and makeup artist Kris Bacani talks summer makeup with Rappler, and gives tips on how to wear color that's right for you.
Get the look
Here's how to get model Che's look, along with Kris's product suggestions:
1. Put a thin layer of foundation and lightly set with powder. Use:
2. Brows need not be heavily defined but make sure they're well groomed. Use:
3. Enhance the eyes with a hint of cool brown shimmer on the lids and define lashline and eyelashes with black eyeliner and mascara. Use:
4. Put shimmery pink blush on the apples of the cheeks. Use:
5. Go crazy with bright, neon-like lip colors. Use:
Summer makeup palette for the eyes, cheeks, and lips
1. For fair skin - Cool and bright pinks on the eyes, cheeks, or lips
2. For morena skin - Bronze shades never go out of style. For a pop of color, opt for jewel tones on the eyes.
"Emerald is Pantone's color of the year so summer is the perfect time to try it out!" says Kris.
What to remember when buying summer makeup
1. For foundation, make sure that the formula is lightweight. "Go for sheer, liquid types," says Kris.
2. For eye products like eyeliner and mascara, waterproof types are a must to avoid smudging and getting "raccoon eyes."
Makeup will stay and look fresh longer if...
"You put makeup primer after moisturizing," says Kris. "So makeup will have extra staying power and will most likely stay fresh the whole day."
And when it's time to retouch, Kris advises the use of oil control film before retouching to prevent caking "since it will be extra hot and skin will be more likely to produce oil."
But don't retouch too often or risk ending up with makeup that's too obvious for comfort. According to Kris, retouching twice a day should be just right: during lunchtime and, if going out at night, after work hours.
The secret to summer skincare
"Sunblock, sunblock, sunblock!" says Kris. "Since we'll be spending more time outdoors, sun protection should be amped up."
Use a sunblock that protects against the full spectrum of skin harming light such as UVA, UVB, infrared, and visible light. "I recommend VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Face Cover SPF 45," says Kris.
Make water your best friend
"Water loss increases during the summer season as we tend to perspire more. it is important that we properly hydrate by drinking water to prevent our skin from drying and cracking," says Kris.
Since it will also be extra humid, you can switch to moisturizers with lighter formulations. You can also carry around a face mist so you can rehydrate your skin anytime during the day. - Rappler.com
Who will inherit the throne?
Rappler takes you through the Miss Philippines Earth 2013 competition with these specials: