Luck in the Year of the Water Snake
MANILA, Philippines - Water is the prevailing energy for the Year of the Snake.
The Snake in the Chinese zodiac is associated with fire (for the most part. It is also associated with metal and earth.).
Water and fire are opposing elements; therefore we can expect the escalation of conflict in many parts of the world.
According to medieval astrologer and feng shui practitioner Resti Santiago, this is the general theme for 2013.
Feng shui, which is based on eastern astrology, gives guidelines so that people may align their activities based on the prevailing energies at any given time. Since we now know that there is a big possibility of violence or conflict, we can avoid getting into arguments, brawls, or situations that could lead to these.
Santiago, who studies the traditional system of feng shui under renowned feng shui practitioner Joey Yap, notes that when people talk about feng shui, some tend to focus only on objects as remedy to challenges. They lose sight of practical solutions, which should always be the first line of defense against problems.
For example, “If your door is in the direction of the sickness star this year, the practical approach is to get a check up, eat well, take care of your health, and be aware of the things that are happening in your life that could lead to sickness,” Resti explains. Before going out to buy your lucky health object, do these first.
Good luck for 2013
Santiago recommends creating a Flying Star Map for your home, office, or business establishment to find out the location of the flying stars in the area. Here’s how:
- Divide the area (house, office, etc.) into 9 equal parts.
- Stand at the center and look for the direction of the front door using a compass. The location of the door is important because its constant movement activates or magnifies the chi and attracts events that are of similar nature to the star present in that direction.
- Indicate on your map the directions (N, E, W, S, etc.) of each of the 9 parts of the area (the 9th part is the center in which you'll be standing).
THE GUIDE. Santiago's Flying Star Map that can also be seen in his book, Medieval Astro-Clock 2013. Photo by Ime Morales
Here are specific descriptions and applications for each of the 8 directions around you:
1. South East
- This is good for relationships, networking, and luck in business
- If your door is in this direction or if you occupy this area, you will attract more clients
- This is also a lucky direction this year
- It could also indicate travel and new opportunities
3. South West
- The sickness star is located here this year
- Take care of your health, and the health of all the people living in the house for that matter, if your door is in this direction
- Avoid putting your bed or work area in this direction
- This is also an unlucky place this year as it could mean loss, robbery, or violence
- The practical thing to do if your door is in this direction is to change your locks or add more locks, or improve the security of the place
5. North West
- This area is good for managers
- It could mean a promotion or good luck in terms of career or profession
- Writers should position their working area here for more writing opportunities and luck in their work
7. North East
- This is the most auspicious spot this year
- If your door is here or if you sit/work/sleep here this year, you will attract more lucky energy, opportunities to make money, and similar benefits
- The intensity of a person’s luck, of course, will further depend on his/her personal lucky directions, which can be determined based on the year of birth
To get a more detailed and accurate reading, interested individuals need to have a personal consultation with a feng shui expert as it would be foolish to base decisions and actions on the general forecasts that we see everywhere.
A customized reading will consider one’s birth details, or significant dates related to a business establishment.
- Here lies the conflict star
- Don’t be very aggressive; be careful with dealings that could lead to future conflict, etc.
In traditional feng shui, the basic thing to remember is to occupy the lucky directions for good luck.
For this year, these would be:
- North East
- South East
- North West
It will also help to install an electric fan and/or a wall clock to activate the chi in any of these lucky areas, especially in this year’s luckiest, the North East.
Forecast for the Philippines
Located in the South East — a lucky direction this year — the Philippines will be doing well especially in terms of economic performance. The South East contains the relationship star, as mentioned above, which also indicates good fortune in business and networking.
The conflict star in the East could mean violence in the Eastern part of the country. The calamity star (middle part, number 5) could indicate natural disasters in the Visayas area. - Rappler.com
(You may reach Resti Santiago for a personal feng shui consultation through firstname.lastname@example.org.)
(Comments? We welcome them. Remember Rappler's community and site use rules.)