20 best foodie Instagram accounts around the world
MANILA, Philippines - Did you know that Thursday last week (August 15) was International Gourmet Day?
It also marked the birthday of renowned American chef, author, and TV host Julia Child. She was recently portrayed by Meryl Streep in Nora Ephron's 2009 film Julie & Julia.
The film tells the story of Julie Powell (played by Amy Adams), a young New Yorker who challenged herself to cook all 524 recipes in Child's cookbook in 365 days. She eventually did, and subsequently published a book: Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen.
Child's cookbook, the one Powell made use of, is entitled Mastering the Art of French Cooking. This two-volume collection of French recipes, co-written by French chefs Simone Beck and Louisette Bertholle, paved the way for French cuisine to spark the American public's gastronomic interests.
This is just one example of how local fares have spread throughout the world, creating a vibrant intermingling of international cuisines.
To get a glimpse of how the rest of the world cooks and eats, we put together a list of people from different parts of the globe sharing beautifully shot food photos on Instagram.
This list might not only give you a few ideas on what to cook next, but could encourage you to take better food pictures as well. Take a look:
1. Samantha Lee from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. kukka_3 from Japan
3. Kamran Siddiqi from New Jersey, USA
4. Jamie Oliver from London, England
5. Ida Skivenes from Oslo, Norway
6. Kulapat “May” Kanokwatanawan, owner of After You Dessert Cafe in Bangkok, Thailand
7. Izy Hossack from London
8. Adam Goldberg from New York
9. Erwan Heussaff from Manila, Philippines
10. Aran Goyoaga from Seattle, USA
11. Asami from Japan
12. Julie Lee from Los Angeles, USA
13. Ashley Rodriguez from Seattle, USA
14. Keiko from Osaka, Japan
15. Alice Gao from New York City, USA
16. Jelito de Leon from Manila, Philippines
17. Julie Marr from Vancouver, Canada
18. Sonya Khegay from Montenegro
19. Trisha T from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20. David Lebovitz from Paris, France
We're on Instagram too! Follow us at @rappler. - Rappler.com