WATCH: Al Gore on technology, politics of hate, and Trump
Click here to watch Part 1: Al Gore on coal, climate change, and Tacloban
MANILA, Philippines – Al Gore, former Vice President of the United States and founder and chairman of The Climate Reality Project, talks about technology and its impact on climate and society.
"We are now living in the most unusual period of all human history for a lot of reasons, but one of them is that we are undergoing multiple technological revolutions simultaneously," Gore told Rappler in a wide-ranging interview that touched on climate, technology, democracy, and politics.
Gore hosted the Climate Reality Leadership Corps training attended by about 700 climate advocates from March 14 to 16 in Manila.
Since the 2006 launch of his award-winning film An Inconvenient Truth, global awareness efforts on the climate crisis have gone a long way.
Watch the Nobel Peace Prize winner's interview with Rappler CEO and executive editor Maria Ressa. – Rappler.com
More from MovePH's coverage of the Climate Reality Leadership Corps training:
- Al Gore visits Yolanda 'ground zero'
- The road to decarbonization
- PH leads the way in global fight vs climate change
- Coal-minded leaders left behind by green energy growth - Al Gore
- Al Gore on solutions to the climate crisis
- Al Gore on coal, climate change, and Tacloban (PART 1)
- Breakout session: Digital communications as tools for climate action