#SharePH Summer 2017 contest: What's your local travel adventure?
MANILA, Philippines – This summer, share your adventure for a chance to get your work published on #SharePH, a Rappler travel section, and to win other prizes.
Winners will also take part in a free training workshop on multimedia content creation and receive trophies, certificates of recognition, and other special prizes.
Through blogs, photos, and videos, tell the story of your travel experience and join the #SharePH Summer 2017 contest organized by MovePH, Rappler's citizen journalism and civic engagement arm.
Your entries can showcase any of the following themes:
- Nature and other destinations
- Adventure and other activities
- Food and local products
- History and culture
To orient the participants about the mechanics of the contest and to harness their skills, MovePH will invite registered participants to an online workshop on multimedia content production. The topics covered include the following:
- Basics of feature writing and travel blogging
- Photography for mobile platforms
- Video for mobile platforms
During the workshop, the contest's platform, X, will also be introduced.
The online workshop will be live streamed via Youtube Live on April 1. Registered participants who sign up will get an invite to watch the live event or replays of the workshop.
Participants who complete the workshop will be called #SharePH Ambassadors. Register today for the workshop!
Registration ends on April 30, 2017.
Below are the general rules for the #SharePH Summer 2017 contest:
- This program is open to all citizen journalists, campus journalists, and bloggers in the Philippines, aged 14 years old and above.
- Individuals must have valid Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Gmail accounts to join.
- Individuals must register via the Registration Form.
- Teams may have a minimum of 2 members and a maximum of 5.
- Each competing group should have a team Gmail account.
- High school students can participate under the team and individual categories for campus journalists.
- All entries shall be published only on X.
- Individual entries should be published on an X account.
- Team entries should be published on their X Publication.
- An X account or Publication should have a cover photo and description.
- The contest has three (3) categories: blogs, photos, and short videos.
- Entries may be in Filipino or English.
- All entries should cover any of the four themes.
- All entries – whether in print, photos or videos – must be original and must not contain plagiarized text and copyrighted images, sound, and video. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification and a perpetual ban from using Rappler X.
- Content published on X cannot be republished elsewhere until the contest is over.
- Individuals and teams must fill up the Contest Entry Form for every new submission on Rappler X.
- By entering the contest, participating individuals and teams retain the rights to their work while granting Rappler the right to use, repurpose, repackage, reproduce, and display their work in whole or in part for purposes of Rappler and its partners' campaigns.
The first 100 contestants to register will receive Rappler planners. Click the links below to read the mechanics for the 3 categories:
- Travel Blog Contest (Team and Individual)
- Travel Photo Contest (Team and Individual)
- Best Travel and Tourism Contest (Team and Individual)
The contest shall be judged by Rappler editors and multimedia experts. They will also help in mentoring the contestants.
What are you waiting for? Travel and promote your areas through #SharePH! – Rappler.com
Please read the Terms of Agreement for the #SharePH Contest. For questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.