MANILA, Philippines – Vice President Jejomar Binay on Friday, November 9, said he supports the upcoming investigation on Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait Shulan Primavera who is accused of sexually harassing a Filipina maid.
"Tama naman 'yon 'no, kailangang imbestigahan. Patas patas lang," Binay said in an interview with reporters. (That's just right. We need to investigate him. That should be fair.)
Binay also said Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario has called Primavera back to the Philippines. The ambassador will then undergo a government probe.
"Due process will be observed," said Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) spokesperson Raul Hernandez on Thursday, November 8.
A 63-year-old diplomat, Primavera, for his part, earlier denounced the accusation as a lie. He told ABS-CBN's TV Patrol that one of his enemies is using the woman to destroy his image.
Primavera previously worked as ambassador to Egypt and Indonesia, and as DFA Assistant Secretary for Middle East and African Affairs. President Benigno Aquino III appointed him to the Kuwait mission in June 2010. – Rappler.com