Michele Gumabao won't return to chase a 4th title for La Salle in UAAP Season 76 but you will still see her.
In one of the most exciting races to the Final Four in recent years, at least six teams in every division have seriously contended for semifinal berths, keeping fans guessing on who will make it to the post-season. And with only two days left in the elimination round, TMX Sports, which gathers statistics for the UAAP, gives us a clearer picture of what to expect:
Assumption: ADU defeats ADMU
1. UST must win over DLSU to force a play-off match for the 4th spot in the final four.
2. In case DLSU wins over UST, DLSU and ADU will tie for 3rd place, FIVB ranking system will be used to determine th 3rd & 4th place
3. If FEU wins over NU, they will tie for 1st thus the FIVB ranking system will be used to detemine the 1st & 2nd Place
Assumptions: DLSU defeats UE; ADU defeats UP
1. NU must win over FEU to have a chance for the 4th spot in the final four.
2. If NU wins over FEU then ADMU wins over UST, there will be a play-off match between UST & NU to determine the 4th ranked team
3. If NU wins over FEU but UST wins over Ateneo, NU will be ranked 5th and there will be a 3 way tie for 2nd place among ADMU, ADU & UST.
4. If UST wins over ADMU, there will be a triple tie, FIVB ranking system will be used.
* Clinched playoffs