#TalkThursday: The soaring Philippine real estate market
MANILA, Philippines - The booming real estate industry was a key contributor to the better-than-expected 7.1% growth of the Philippine economy in the 3rd quarter.
In the November 29 edition of TalkThursday, veteran real estate consultant Lindsay J. Orr will discuss the dynamics and prospects of the two main factors to the 18.8% industry growth during the quarter -- overseas Filipino workers (OFW) and the robust business process outsourcing industry (BPO).
Orr has been analyzing the risks and opportunities of, as well as packaging property deals for, these two key markets in the past 14 years.
He is currently the Chief Operating Officer of Jones Lang Lasalle Leechiu, a global consulting firm.
Lala Rimando, Rappler's business editor, will ask if this boom will be followed by a bust, and how buying, renting or leasing property is an indicator of confidence or doubt in the Philippines' future.
Previous #TalkThursday Episodes:
- #TalkThursday with Israeli Amb. Menashe Bar-On on the attacks on Gaza
- #TalkThursday with retired Gen. Raymundo Ferrer on the Maguindanao Massacre
- #TalkThursday with Amb. Cuisia: U.S. elections and its impact on Asia
- #TalkThursday: U.S. elections and its impact on the Philippines
- #TalkThursday: View from the Outside
- #TalkThursday with President Aquino: Steering PH economy
- #TalkThursday with President Aquino: Risks and Lessons
- #TalkThursday with Marvic Leonen: Give peace a chance