Israeli strike on south Gaza kills 4 as toll hits 38
GAZA CITY, Palestinian Territories - An Israeli air strike on Rafah in southern Gaza killed four people on Saturday, November 17, Palestinian medics said, raising the overall death toll from the aerial campaign to 38.
The attack came as the Tunisian foreign minister crossed into southern Gaza through the Rafah border crossing with Egypt.
It followed hot on the heels of other strikes elsewhere in the city which killed one, and a raid on a refugee camp in central Gaza which killed another three, medics said.
"Four people were killed in a third raid on Rafah that targeted a group of citizens in the Zuhur neighbourhood," said Adham Abu Selmiya, spokesman for Gaza's Hamas-run emergency services.
The latest strikes raised the overall death toll in Gaza to 38 as a relentless Israeli air campaign against Gaza militants entered its fourth straight day.
The identities of the four killed in the latest Rafah strike were not immediately clear.
Earlier, medics said three people had been killed in Maghazi refugee camp in central Gaza and another man had died in a raid on Tel al-Sultan neighbourhood in Rafah.
"Three men died in an Israeli air strike on Maghazi camp in central Gaza," said emergency services spokesman Adham Abu Selmiya.
Palestinian security sources told AFP that all four were Hamas militants.
They named the three who died in Maghazi camp as Ali Manameh, Hossam Abdel Jawad and Assaf Gharwish, while the man who died in Rafah was Mukhlis Adwan. - Agence France-Presse