MANILA, Philippines – Along with rising temperatures, the onset of summer also brings about another sudden increase: this time, in our household electricity bills. With air conditioners operating much longer than usual and refrigerators on full blast, expect a spike on your monthly power readings.
If you’ve been watching your electricity consumption very closely yet still end up with bill shock, then maybe it’s time to review not just your usage, but also the appliances you use. Here are some tips to help you pick cost- and energy-efficient appliances for your home:
1. When it comes to appliances, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” does not always apply. Efficiency declines over time, so while your fridge from the 90s may look like it’s working just fine, your electric bill will definitely tell you otherwise.
2. Regular maintenance is key in making sure your home appliances remain efficient. Consult a reliable appliance store and avail of their appliance cleaning and maintenance services to make sure your needs are dealt with by professionals.
3. Environment-conscious features are incorporated in more and more products, including entertainment appliances. Check if your TV has a power saving mode to enjoy your shows and movies with less energy consumption.
4. A helpful guide in selecting appliances is the energy efficiency ratio or factor (EER/EEF). Look for appliances with a higher number on the EER/EEF label as a this indicates better energy saving performance.
5. When choosing refrigerators and air conditioners, consider getting one with inverter technology. Inverter-enabled refs and ACs employ smarter temperature controls, which allow regulated cooling at a fraction of the operating cost.
6. Washing machines are a common fixture in most households. Consider getting newer models which also incorporate water-saving features and take eco-friendly living to another level.
Even the smallest of changes can make a big difference. Visit an appliance store today and consult a professional about their inventory of eco-saving lifestyle appliances. Upgrade your home to one that is energy efficient and kind to the environment. – Rappler.com
Going green? Explore environment-friendly and energy efficient appliance options for your home and beyond at an Abenson store near you. Make the shift even easier and ask about Abenson’s Smile Serve delivery, installation, and maintenance services for your appliances. Visit www.abenson.com.ph or follow them on social media @abensonph for more eco-friendly ideas.
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.