MANILA, Philippines – On Wednesday, June 4, Rappler hosted a talk show on motherhood, in partnership with Pantene Philippines.
Following our past Whip it forums (watch them here and here), a group of strong-willed women shared their experiences, the labels they whipped away, and what kept them going. This time, Rappler focused on different mothers – single moms, cancer survivors, entrepreneurs, and corporate leaders.
Our guests are women who exemplify what it means to be a parent, married or not, amid the shifting standards of our society. They are:
- Michelle Aventajado, blogger at Mommanmanila.com, teacher, yoga instructor, and Rappler contributor, and mother of four children (including one with special needs);
- Patty Buencamino-Balquiedra, blogger at Nonstopbabble.com, owner of Yellow Bird shoes, social media consultant, mom to two girls, and breast cancer survivor;
- Gladys Basinilio, General Manager / Chief Operating Officer of Carat Philippines and a single mom to two daughters;
- Connie Fortich, fitness ambassador, gym manager, and mother to one daughter;
- Jaymie Pizarro, award-winning founder of Thebullrunner.com and mother to two children;
- Glaiza Garcia-Tomino, blogger at Moomymusings.com, military wife, and mother to one girl.
Rappler’s resident single mom and columnist Ana P. Santos hosted this event.
Watch the discussion below.
You can also tune in to the live blog below: