MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – More areas in Metro Manila are set to be closed on Thursday, November 19, for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit.
Starting 6 am
- EDSA Ayala to Mall of Asia
- Roxas Blvd – NAIA Road to Katigbak
- From EDSA to Diokno Avenue to Seaside Blvd
- Macapagal Avenue from ASEANA to Buendia Extension
- At-grade northbound from Nichols to Magallanes
Starting 9 am
- Roxas Blvd to NAIA Road to Terminals 1 and 2 and along MIA road
Starting 4 pm
- From East Service Road (PNR) to Magallanes
- From Skyway to Magallanes Exit (stop-and-go from 6 am / total closure at 4 pm)
- From Magallanes Skyway to Terminal 3
Earlier, authorities announced road closures and alternate routes for motorists during the week-long regional meet.
Updated traffic scheme
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has announced an updated traffic scheme effective Wednesday until Thursday, November 19.
- Motorists from EDSA southbound side will be diverted to Buendia, or directed to take the U-turn to Kalayaan Avenue
- Motorists from EDSA northbound will be diverted to Magallanes Service Road, South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), Sales Bridge, C5, or Lawton/Bonifacio Global City
- Vehicles from Cavite Expressway (Cavitex) cannot exit at Macapagal Blvd or NAIA Avenue. They may take the U-turn at Macapagal Blvd. Only private vehicles will be allowed to enter Cavitex from Marina and Sentosia.
- Vehicles from EDSA southbound should turn left at McKinley Road, then take C5, to destination
- Vehicles heading to Manila should turn right to Buendia Avenue to destination
- Buses in EDSA southbound are diverted from Ayala Avenue to C-5 McKinley southbound.
- EDSA northbound is not accessible to city buses from Cavitex. Last point of drop-off is at Coastal Terminal.
Rerouting around Mall of Asia Arena area, effective 6 am to 12 midnight
For private vehicles
- From EDSA exit, right to Macapagal Blvd, turn left at Seaside Blvd. All roads leading to parking lots are open.
- Westbound of Coral Way is accessible only for establishments along Coral Way.
- To get to Sea Residences, Oceanaire, and Golden Phoenix Hotel, take Pearl Drive to Macapagal Blvd.
For public utility jeeps and taxis
- From EDSA exit, take Macapagal Blvd, turn left at Seaside Blvd, left at Diokno Blvd, right to Palm Coast Avenue, left at Pacific Drive, exit at Sunset Avenue to Diokno Blvd, right to Bayshore Blvd, right to Seaside Blvd.
For public utility buses
- From EDSA exit, take Macapagal Blvd, turn left at Seaside Blvd, left at Diokno Blvd, right to Bayshore Blvd, right to Harbor Drive, right to Seaside Blvd, to exit at Macapagal Blvd.
The MMDA said shuttle buses are available at the Roxas Blvd service road from NAIA Avenue to Heritage Hotel along EDSA. – Rappler.com