PSE to honor listed, trading firms in Bell Awards
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Stock Exchange will honor listed companies and trading participants at the 4th PSE Bell Awards on Wednesday, November 25, at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel.
In a statement, PSE president and CEO Hans Sicat said that the local bourse recognizes the crucial role good governance plays in ensuring sound corporate practices and safeguarding investor confidence.
"We hope that through the Bell Awards, we continue to encourage all our listed companies and trading participants to excel in corporate governance," Sicat said.
Since 2012, the PSE has been evaluating listed companies based on their compliance with the exchange’s corporate governance guidelines and compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
The PSE has also assessed trading participants based on their performance in regulatory audits, and compliance with market regulations and trading rules.
In 2014, Bell Awards recognized the following for their work:
- Aboitiz Power Corporation
- Ayala Land, Incorporated
- Cebu Holdings, Incorporated
- China Banking Corporation
- Manila Water Company, Incorporated
The honorees in the large trading participants category were:
- Deutsche Regis Partners, Incorporated
- First Metro Securities Brokerage Corporation
- Maybank ATR Kim Eng Securities, Incorporated
The recipients of the Bell Awards in the small trading participants division were:
- IB Gimenez Securities, Incorporated
- JSG Securities, Incorporated
- RS Lim & Company, Incorporated
This year's media partners are ABS-CBN News Channel, BusinessMirror, Philippine Daily Inquirer, and Rappler. – Rappler.com