Red Cross holds Million Volunteer Run on October 21
The following is a press release from the Philippine Red Cross.
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) is all set to launch its 4th nationwide humanitarian run, called the Million Volunteer Run, on Saturday, October 21, at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila.
"Through the years, the PRC has always been at the forefront of disasters and emergencies, giving aid and life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable. By joining the Million Volunteer Run 4, you can help the Red Cross help more people to be more prepared to respond to disasters and calamities," said PRC chairman Richard Gordon. "This is a run for humanity. We call it a humanitarian run for everyone."
The run aims to gather volunteers, staff, and partners all over the country to run to help raise funds for the organization's humanitarian causes, including the strengthening of PRC's emergency and disaster response through the purchase of additional rescue vehicles and equipment.
More than 50 PRC chapters will participate in the simultaneous nationwide run.
For those interested to join the run, you may register until Thursday, October 19, at 7 pm at the following areas:
- PRC National Headquarters in Mandaluyong City
- PRC Metro Manila chapters (Caloocan City, Las Piñas City, Manila, Malabon City, Marikina City, Pasay City, Quezon City, Valenzuela City, and Rizal)
- Visit the Million Volunteer Run website
- Chris Sports outlets at SM Manila, SM Sucat, SM North EDSA Annex, and Market Market Taguig
There are two registration rates for the run:
- P500 for 3K/5K, inclusive of an MVR singlet, PRC bronze membership, race bib, and runner's card
- P350 for 3K/5K, inclusive of an MVR singlet, race bib, and runner's card
There will be no walk-in registration during the event. Aspiring runners are therefore advised to register a week before the run itself to secure their kits.
For Metro Manila runners, the assembly time for the main run site at the Quirino Grandstand will be at 4 am on Saturday to be followed by a warm-up exercise. The race officially begins on gun start at 5 am for 5K runners and 5:30 am for 3K runners.
For further inquiries, call the MVR office at 790-2300 local 208, follow and like the event Facebook page, or visit or call the nearest Red Cross chapter. – Rappler.com