Nuffnang's Blogopolis 2013: #IntoTheWild
MANILA, Philippines – The rise of the Internet gave birth to digital influencers – content creators who consider blogs as their main arena. They changed the game of the advertising world by proving the power of first-hand narratives in promoting a product or a cause.
In the past year, however, we witnessed the fast shift of public attention from the blogosphere to social media. Bloggers are now taking to their Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts before their websites to engage with readers faster and easier than ever.
Nuffnang, the Philippines’ leading blog advertising community, now aims to help its members make sense of this shift through Blogopolis 2013. This conference happens on Saturday, November 16, from 1:30 to 7PM at the Hotel Intercontinental Manila, Makati City.
Last year, the conference covered topics related to blogging’s main pillars – content, marketing, monetization and advocacy. It served as an introduction to the blogging industry with the goal of helping bloggers improve their blogging skill set and knowledge.
This year, the theme is “#IntotheWild: Weaving Information for Leaders of the Digital World.” The focus will be on social media know-how and digital marketing and advertising trends.
Check out this list of speakers who will be sharing relevant insights:
- Abe Olandres for The Cycle of Ads: How to Make Social Media Advertising Effective
- Aisa Ipac and Ana Gonzales for Taking your Readers Offline: Successful Ways to Mount a Blog Event
- Christine Dychiao for Blog Fund: 10 Ways to Guide Back Traffic to Your Blog Using Social Media
- Googly Gooeys (Tippy & Pong Go) for The Media Kit: Creating a Compelling Blog and Social Media Proposal
- Jeff Lo for Blog Thy Neighbor
- Jim Paredes for The New Nation 2.0
- Rappler’s Josh Villanueva for Youtube: The Next Frontier
- Lori Baltazar for Podcasting 2.0: The Podcast is Alive
- Chuckie and Yen Dreyfus for The Ultimate Selfie: How to Manage your Social Media Accounts
- TJ Manotoc for Twitter in the Newsroom
- Aris Olea (Creator of ConjuRain), Macky Lopez (Gwiyomi “Nasaan na si Mikay?”), Claire Custodio (National University, Cheerquadron) for Going Viral
The day-long event will culminate with the first-ever Nuffie Awards to recognize the contributions of selected online influencers.
This event is open to everyone - bloggers, social media influencers, students, digital marketing officers, advertisers, and anyone who is interested in the world of digital, particularly social media.
Registration is still open if you’re interested to participate in this event. One hundred percent of ticket sales will go to the victims of Super Typhoon Yolanda. Visit the official website for more details. – Rappler.com