This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – West Zone concessionaire Maynilad Water Services, Inc. (Maynilad) is reminding its customers to store enough water for the Holy Week water service interruption that will be triggered by the flood control project of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
The DPWH project will cause three-day, two-day and one-day water service interruptions in parts of Imus, Kawit, Makati, Malabon, Manila, Navotas, Pasay and South Caloocan; and the whole of Bacoor, Cavite City, Las Pinas, Muntinlupa, Noveleta and Paranaque, from Holy Wednesday (April 16) to Black Saturday (April 19). For the complete list of affected areas, visit their website or read the full list below.
To ensure that its affected customers have enough safe water during the scheduled interruption, Maynilad is providing the following tips on how to store water safely:
- As much as possible, store water in containers that have covers. Water stored in open containers should be used within one or two days. Boil the water if intended for drinking or cooking.
- Store water in multiple containers, large and small. Drinking water should be stored in clean and disinfected containers that can be firmly closed
- Light and warmth promote algae and bacteria growth, so store containers in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Water stored in plastic containers should be kept away from gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances because vapors from these products can penetrate plastic.
- Never store water in containers that were previously used to store toxic substances.
- Freeze water for additional supply during the water service interruption. Once melted, the ice can be used for cooking or drinking.
- To avoid water contamination, clean cisterns, drums and overhead tanks before filling them with water.
- Empty household bleach bottles can be used to store water for cleaning.
- Use clean food-grade containers to store water for cooking and drinking.
- Disinfected plastic soda bottles, glass canning jars and juice bottles can be used to store water for drinking and cooking.
For further information regarding the Holy Week water service interruption, affected customers may call the Maynilad Hotline 1626. – Rappler.com