Rerouting schemes for Chinese New Year countdown
MANILA, Philippines – Those planning to join the Chinese New Year countdown festivities are advised to take alternative routes, as traffic in the cities of Caloocan and Valenzuela are set to be rerouted beginning Wednesday evening, February 18.
In an advisory posted Monday, February 16, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said road closures will be in effect on Wednesday, from 7 pm to midnight.
The south side of EDSA fronting Mercury Drug Store/Tropical Hut, beginning from Bonifacio Monument Circle (BMC) to B. Serrano Avenue, will be partially closed.
The area is designated as an activity area for the festivities.
Meanwhile, a rerouting scheme will be in effect beginning 5 pm Wednesday:
- North side of EDSA: two-way traffic between A. De Jesus to BMC
- For vehicles from EDSA to Valenzuela:
- Buses to turn right at Gen. Simon and turn left to Calle Cuatro
- Other vehicles to proceed at rotunda and turn right to MacArthur
- For vehicles from EDSA to Sangandaan: Take alternate route by turning left at A. De Jesus and turn right to 10th Avenue
- For vehicles from MacArthur to Balintawak: use counter flow at north side of EDSA and merge to right side traffic at U-Turn slot before A. De Jesus Street
- For vehicles from Samson Road to Balintawak: Turn right to Rizal Avenue Ext. and take 10th Avenue and B. Serrano to EDSA
F. Rizal Avenue Ext. will be closed to traffic from 10th Avenue to BMC.
Affected vehicles are advised to turn right at 10th Avenue and turn left at B. Serrano Avenue. – Rappler.com