Holy Week advisories: Road reblocking, number coding
MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) released advisories on the number coding scheme, operating hours of the Pasig River Ferry, and road reblocking schedule during the observance of Holy Week.
The number coding scheme will be lifted from April 1 (Wednesday) to April 3 (Good Friday) and on Monday, April 6.
The Pasig River Ferry will be operational from April 1 (Wednesday) to April 5 (Easter Sunday).
Meanwhile, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will undertake road reblocking and repairs effective 12:01 am Thursday, April 2, until 12 noon Sunday, April 5.
The following roads are affected:
- Along Mindanao Avenue from Road 8 to North Avenue, 1st Lane
- Along E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue / C-5 between Poseidon St. and Greenmeadows Avenue, 2nd Lane from sidewalk
- Along EDSA between Connecticut to Guadalupe Bridge, Mandaluyong City
- Along EDSA from Guadalupe Station to Estrella Street, 4th and 5th Lane
- Along C-5 Road Pasig Blvd. to Bagong Ilog Service Road
- Along EDSA Guadalupe Bridge to Temple Drive Mandaluyong City
- Along C-5 Road from Valle Verde/Resins Inc. to SM Warehouse, 2nd outermost lane
- Along EDSA from Buendia to Escuela Street, 4th and 5th lane
There will also be no operations for the Light Rail Transit (LRT) lines 1 and 2 from Maundy Thursday, April 2, to Easter Sunday, April 5.
Operating hours on April 1, Holy Wednesday, would also be shortened. –Rappler.com