The following is a press release from the North Luzon Cinema Guild, Inc.
North Luzon Cinema Guild, Inc. and Scottish Documentary Institute collaborate for Lenses Cross Cultures: A Creative Documentary Film Lab – a project supported by the British Council Philippines through the Connections Through Culture Program.
The Creative Documentary Film Lab is now open for applications, and the lab proper runs from November 20 to December 5, 2021. There will also be a pitching session on January 8, 2022 as a culminating activity for the Creative Documentary Film Lab Fellows.
The deadline for applications is on Thursday, November 11, 2021.
The film lab is dedicated to supporting emerging filmmakers and their projects. It is designed to promote new connections, exchanges, and collaborations between the UK and Southeast Asia, building long-term relationships among artists, creative practitioners, and art and cultural organizations, hubs, networks, and collectives.
The lab is a six-week intensive online mentoring of participants from documentary mentors from the UK and the Philippines. Participants are expected to produce a documentary proposal and video trailers for the duration of the lab. Aside from the film lab, there will be a series of public webinars that include topics that will help filmmakers in their approach to their documentary projects.
The lab accepts applicants who have short/full-length nonfiction projects.
Applicants are encouraged to submit projects in the early stages of development. All proposals must convey some vision for a finished film. Projects that have not yet secured characters or subjects, are unable to articulate a story or structure, or are unable to explain the project’s driving central question are discouraged. We are unable to consider proposals for story research. You do not need any prior funding or a fiscal sponsor in order to apply.
- Candidates are required to have produced or co-produced at least one documentary short.
- Candidates must be a lead producer or the director of the project they are applying with.
- Candidates must be in the early development stages of the project.
- Candidates must live in the Philippines.
- Candidates under the legal age must secure a consent form when applying for the lab.
- Candidates must be available for the entirety of the lab dates above.
– Rappler.com/Press release