This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
This is a press release from St Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine-William H. Quasha Memorial.
On February 10, 2021, 9 am Manila time, the St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine-William H. Quasha Memorial, through its new Planetary and Global Health Program, will be launching a new webinar series entitled “The Future of Health.”
The COVID-19 pandemic led to significant disruption in society, posed tremendous stress on health systems, and caused immense suffering onto the health of populations. As the Philippines and the world enter the second year of the pandemic, the health community must begin a vigorous conversation that looks to the future of health beyond COVID-19.
This series, which adopts an innovative conversation format, will convene health leaders from the Philippines and abroad to not only examine the current health situation but also envision the future of health in the post-coronavirus era, with the hope of advancing health policy discourse in the Philippines and globally through a futures-oriented discussion.
For the inaugural webinar, health leaders from various sectors will share their diagnosis as well as their prognosis of the overall health of the country and the world. Panelists include:
- Dr Susan Pelea-Nagtalon, Dean, St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine-William H. Quasha Memorial
- Dr Jemilah Mahmood, Special Adviser for Public Health to the Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Hon. Geraldine Roman, Representative, 1st District of Bataan
- Austere Panadero, Executive Director, Zuellig Family Foundation
- Dr Jeremy Lim, Director, Leadership Institute for Global Health Transformation (LIGHT), Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore
- Dr Beverly Ho, Director, Health Promotion Bureau, Department of Health
- Shermon Cruz, Chief Futurist of the Center for Engaged Foresight
- Einstein Rojas, Board Member, Philippine Alliance of Patient Organizations
- Rena Mallillin, President, Asian Medical Students’ Association-Philippines
The conversation will be moderated by Dr Renzo Guinto, Associate Professor of the Practice of Global Public Health and Inaugural Director of the Planetary and Global Health Program of the St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine-William H. Quasha Memorial.
The event is open to the public. Register at http://bit.ly/stlukesfutureofhealth.
The webinar series is co-presented by 20 different organizations: Department of Health; Rappler; Harvard Club of the Philippines; Zuellig Family Foundation; University of Asia & the Pacific School of Law and Governance; Development Academy of the Philippines Graduate School of Public and Development Management; Management Association of the Philippines; Philippine Futures Thinking Society; Philippine Society for Public Health Physicians; Philippine Alliance of Patient Organizations; Center for Engaged Foresight; Health Justice; PH Lab; Likhaan Center for Women’s Health Inc.; Asian Center for Drug Policy; Health Care Without Harm; Civika Asian Development Academy; Southeast Asia Climate and Health Alliance; Healthy Philippines Alliance; and Asian Medical Students Association-Philippines. – Rappler.com