This is a press release from the University of the Philippines Baguio.
The University of the Philippines (UP) Baguio Search Committee would like to inform the public about the ongoing search for the next Chancellor of UP Baguio. Relevant information can be found below.
Who may be nominated to the Chancellorship?
To be nominated, a nominee must possess the following qualifications:
- Commitment to academic freedom and the values and ideals of the university;
- Distinction in the nominee’s chosen field of expertise coupled with a generalist view and an appreciation of other disciplines;
- Filipino citizen with a strong nationalist commitment;
- Demonstrated observance of the principles of collegiality and the democratic process;
- Unquestionable moral integrity;
- Academic leadership and administrative skill; and,
- Willingness to serve as Chancellor on a full-time basis and for the full term of three (3) years.
Who may nominate?
Any person or group in the University of the Philippines is encouraged to submit their nomination.
How to nominate?
- A complete set of nomination papers shall include the following:
a. A nomination letter specifying the reasons or justifications for the nomination (indicating how the nominee measures up to the qualifications specified in IV-A), and bearing the printed name(s) and signature(s) of the nominator(s); and
b. Two (2) clear copies of the nominee’s curriculum vitae and one- or two-page summary thereof.
- Send the complete set of nomination papers by January 29, 2021 to any of the following:
a. via email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
b. Office of the Secretary of the University, First Floor, Administration Building, Quezon Hall, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City 1101
c. any member of the Search Committee
- Upon acceptance of nominations, nominees must
a. submit to the Search Committee a vision paper of no more than five (5) pages; and a summary of his/her most significant qualifications and achievements in no more than two (2) pages;
b. participate in a public forum to present their vision paper and address registered questions from attendees;
c. agree to be interviewed by the Search Committee.
We are also pleased to share the schedule of activities for the entire search process. Due to health safety protocols, some activities will be held virtually via Zoom. When applicable, satellite venues in the UP Baguio campus will be made available to a limited number of people who wish to participate in virtual activities but lack internet or computer access. Registration links for online activities, and venues for other activities will be arranged and announced soon. Those who wish to have consultations done in closed-door sessions should email their intentions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Search Committee for the next chancellor of UP Baguio
Prof. Paul Samuel P. Ignacio, Chair and Senior Faculty Representative
Prof. Ruth M. Tindaan, Senior Faculty Representative
Prof. Adonis Ramy L. Elumbre, Junior Faculty Representative
Ms. Ides Josepina D. Macapanpan, Junior Faculty Representative
Ms. Aurora P. Parcasio, REPS Representative
Mr. Ruel C. Lestino, Administrative Representative
Mr. Leandro Enrico T. Ponce, Student Representative
Sec. Roberto M. Lara, President’s Representative