SMC South highways will be toll-free on Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve
MANILA, Philippines – San Miguel Corporation’s tollways serving southern Metro Manila and Luzon will be waiving its fees on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, their operators announced on Wednesday, December 19.
Fees won’t be collected at the toll gates of the following highways:
- NAIA Expressway or NAIAx
- Skyway System
- South Luzon Expressway or SLEX
- Star Tollway
During these periods:
- From 10 pm on Monday, December 24, to 6 am on Tuesday, December 25
- From 10 pm on Monday, December 31, to 6 am on Tuesday, January 1, 2019
The operators of these tollways – the Skyway O&M Corporation, the Manila Toll Expressway Systems Incorporated, and the Star Tollway Corporation – said this is their way of giving back to their road users, timed for the holidays.
They also urged motorists to plan their trips well since traffic is expected to be especially heavy on these highways on the following dates:
- Friday, December 21, when people are going home from and to Metro Manila for Christmas
- Friday, December 28, when people are going home from and to Metro Manila for the New Year
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019, when people are returning to and from Metro Manila
The following toll plazas are expected to have high traffic volume:
- NAIAx-Skyway: Main Toll Plazas, Dona Soledad, Dr A Santos, Alabang at the Skyway elevated section, and Nichols, C5, Merville, Sucat and Bicutan northbound and southbound exits, and South Station
- SLEX: Filinvest NB exit and SB entry, Susana Heights, Carmona, Santa Rosa, Eton, Cabuyao Interchange Calamba, and Greenfields NB/SB exits
- Star Tollway: Santo Tomas, Tanauan, Malvar, Balete, Lipa, Ibaan, and Batangas City
SMC South Tollways' hotline can be reached for assistance and traffic update at (02) 318-8655. – Rappler.com
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.