6 Filipinos among world's billionaires
MANILA, Philippines - Six Filipino businessmen have made it to Forbes' list of billionaires in the world.
The 6 Filipinos are among the 315 from Asia who had a net worth of $1 billion or more, according Forbes' magazine's March 8, 2012 release.
Forbes listed 1,226 billionaires all over the world who had a collective net worth of US$4.6 trillion during the year.
Newcomers on the list are Eduardo Cojuangco of diversifying conglomerate San Miguel Corp., and Roberto Ongpin of Alphaland Corp and Philweb Corp. Both are associated with strongman Ferdinand Marcos who ruled the Philippines for about 2 decades.
See graph below how much these Filipino billionaires' wealth increased since Forbes released its Billionaires List in 2010.
Click on the links below for more.
- How a college dropout became a billionaire
- Top 10 richest congressmen
- Wealth of Britain's richest hits record high
- World's richest is Mexico's telco magnate (richer than Gates, Buffet)
- What does a USD 6,000-night hotel suite look like?