Canceled flights due to Jetstar runway mishap
Please refresh this page for updates.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – A number of flights were canceled on Saturday, December 14, following an incident involving a Jetstar plane at the runway of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).
The Tokyo-bound airplane that got stuck at the grassy portion of Runway 13/31 was removed around 11 am. The runway was reopened for operations shortly after.
Check the list of canceled flights below.
- 5J487/5J488 Manila-Bacolod-Manila
- 5J901/5J902 Manila-Caticlan (Boracay)-Manila
- 5J553/5J554 Manila-Cebu-Manila
- 5J325/5J326 Manila-Legazpi-Manila
- 5J506/5J507 Manila-Tuguegarao-Manila
- 5J659/5J660 Manila-Tacloban-Manila
- 5J379/5J380 Manila-Cagayan de Oro (Laguindingan)-Manila
Cebu Pacific "strongly" encouraged passengers "to reconsider travel plans for today, as we may need to cancel additional flights for the rest of the day."
It gave Cebu Pacific passengers in flights to and from Manila scheduledon Saturday to avail of any of the following options:
- Rebook flights within 30 days without penalties
- Refund tickets in full
- Store value of the ticket in a Travel Fund for future use
The airline said any of these options can be selected by passengers through the Manage Booking portal in the Cebu Pacific website, https://book.cebupacificair.com/Manage/Retrieve/.
Meanwhile, the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) listed the following domestic and international flights that got delayed on Saturday due to the incident: