MANILA, Philippines – Andrew Tan-led property firm Megaworld Corp. has launched the Philippines’ first ever vineyards resort in Tagaytay.
The development, called Twin Lakes, is set to become the Philippines first vineyard resort community, as well as Tagaytay’s first master-planned integrated tourism estate featuring residential villas, condominiums, townhouses, hotel and resort, and sport and leisure facilities.
According to Erwin Francis Go, vice president for Sales and Marketing at Megaworld Global Estate Inc., the developer will be infusing P20 billion in the next 5 years in the development of Twin Lakes.
The condominiums and residential lots aimed to be finished by 2017 while the shopping village aims to be complete by either the end of 2013 or early 2014.
The project, which is being developed by Global Estate Resorts Inc (GERI), a sister company of Megaworld, covers 1,149 hectare of the terrain overlooking Taal Lake. It will also feature a lake, which is between 20-625 meters or 2,500 feet above sea level.
The development comprises:
- The Vineyard community: A 177 hectare mixed-use area covering a vineyard, chateau/winery, hotel and resort, town homes, sports club and spa, wedding venue and condominiums
- Residential Villages located within 76 hectares and includes a garden and lake. The villages are named Domaine Le Jardin, Domaine le Montagne, Domaine Le Soleil and Domaine Du Lac.
- The Vineyard Residences; 2.3 hectares of condominium property with one to two bedroom units located within the Vineyard community. Comprises three low rise condominium buildings named Merlot, Chardonnay, Shiraz.
- A 15 kilometre road built across the estate for convenience of the residents and visitors.
- The Shopping Village and Lakeshore Town Center, the commercial and retail hubs.
- 33% of land will be designated for nature parks including three nurseries and a forest reserves.
- 10% that has been ear marked for future development.
According to Go, their selling point is their Wine Chateau, Country Manor and rows and rows of vineyards. “There will be 10 hectares of land dedicated purely to making wine. What makes us stand out from all the other developments,” Go said.
“The demand in Tagaytay is very high. There are so many clients looking for destination property so close to Manila,” he added.
So far, the marketing efforts will be geared toward local market. In the next few months, Megaworld will go international.
Philippines’ new Napa Valley?
The vineyard will be managed by Tan’s beverage group Emperador. According to Go, they’re trying to emulate the vineyards of Napa Valley by developing the vineyard with a long term aim of producing wine commercially through Emperador.
“Tan consulted one of the top wine makers and vineyard owners in Spain. They visited the grounds to determine its feasibility and what type of grape can be grown,” said Go. – Rappler.com