MANILA, Philippines — Tax collections by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) in July grew from the year-ago level, but fell short of the agency’s target for the month.
In a statement on Thursday, August 15, the BIR said its revenue collections stood at P100.1 billion last month, 0.62% below its P100.72-billion goal.
The collections were however 19.85% higher than what the bureau collected in July 2012.
Out of the amount the revenue agency collected, P94.94 billion came from BIR operations, while P2.11 billion was from non-BIR operations.
The BIR eyes to generate revenues worth P1.253 trillion this year.
To meet the trillion-peso target, BIR Commissioner Kim Henares issued Revenue Memorandum Circular 11-2013 directing all activities and undertaking of the agency to be aligned with its 29 priority programs.
The priority programs include:
- Run After Tax Evaders or RATE program
- Oplan Kandado program
- Re-engineering of other business processes
- Implementation of internal revenue stamps on cigarettes
- Electronic letter of authority monitoring system
- Electronic certificate of registration system