Ayala, Sy, Gokongwei to join Aquino in US, UK trips
MANILA, Philippines - About 26 top Filipino businessmen are part of the delegation that will accompany President Aquino in his visits to the United Kingdom and United States from June 4 to 10.
President Aquino is scheduled to meet with investors and top government officials in London, Washington and Los Angeles. President Aquino will meet with Prime Minister David Cameron and with U.S. President Barack Obama on June 8.
President Aquino will have a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister David Cameron and expected to discuss Philippines-UK political and economic cooperation, the UK’s participation in the International Contact Group (ICG), regional and international issues and the anti-corruption and good governance practices of both the Philippine and UK Governments.
While in London, President Aquino will also take part in the Philippine fun tourism campaign of the Department of Tourism (DOT) and meet with the Filipino community in UK, the largest in Europe.
He is also scheduled to meet with British investors who have expressed interest to participate in the Aquino government's public-private partnership scheme for infrastructure projects.
The Filipino businessmen who will join President Benigno S. Aquino in both the United Kingdom and the United States are
- Hyundai Asia Resources Inc. chairman emeritus Richard Lee
- Maxima Machineries Inc. president Raul Ang
- Bank of the Philippine Islands president and CEO Aurelio Montinola III
- Investment & Capital Corporation of the Philippines chair Guillermo Luchangco
- Alliance Global Group Inc. chair Andrew L. Tan
- Galeo Equipment and Mining Co. chairman Francis Enrico Gutierrez
Those who will only join the President in the UK are
- JG Summit Holdings, Inc. president and CEO Lance Gokongwei
- Pilipinas Shell country chair Edgar Chua
- Pilipinas Shell vice president for communications Roberto Kanapi
- Juan Alfonso
- Aboitiz Group chair Sabin Aboitiz, and Angel Veloso Jr.
- SM Investments Corp. vice chairman Teresita Sy-Coson
- Nestlé Philippines Inc. chair and chief executive John Martin Miller
- Planters Development Bank chairman and CEO Jesus Tambunting
Businessmen joining the US trip include
- Jollibee Food Corp. chairman and CEO Tony Tan Caktiong
- Citadel Holdings president and CEO Jose Ricardo Delgado
- SyCip Gorres Velayo & Co. chair and managing partner Cirilo Noel
- Marcelino Opulencia
- Phinma Group president and CEO Ramon del Rosario Jr.
- Ayala Corp. chair Jaime Zobel de Ayala
- National Competitiveness Council chair Guillermo Luz
- Magsaysay Group of Companies president and CEO Doris Magsaysay Ho
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. chairman Manuel Pangilinan
- Ernesto Sta. Maria
- Washington Sycip
- International Container Terminal Services Inc. chairman Enrique Razon Jr.
Click the links below for related stories.