MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Transportation has budgeted P156.09 million for the construction and rehabilitation of several offices of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) nationwide.
Transportation Secretary Mar Roxas said in a July 25 statement that the improvements will “help LTO and LTFRB to further enhance the effective and efficient delivery of services to the public.”
To refurbish LTO offices, a total of P117.82 million is set aside for the following:
- P53.34 million for San Fernando, Pampanga, where a new, 3-storey regional office would be built
- P27.1-million for LTO main office in East Avenue, Quezon City, where a 3-storey building and a record room with 1,431 sq.m. floor area would be constructed
- P13.58 million for two-storey district office in Ligao City, Albay
- P8.7 million for a one-story structure in San Carlos City, Pangasinan
- P8.1 million for the repair and extension of a two-storey office in Imus, Cavite
- P5 million for the construction of a one-storey district office in Tangub City, Misamis Occidental
- P2 million to complete and repair a one-storey building in Boac, Marinduque
Meanwhile, a total of P38.27 million is allocated for the renovation and expansion of various LTFRB offices, including:
- P8.79 million for the renovation and expansion of the LTFRB office in Davao City
- P8 million for the renovation and expansion of a two-storey building in San Fernando, La Union.
- P5million for the minor repairs and expansion of a two-storey building in Iloilo City.
- P4.98 million for the renovation and expansion of a two-storey office in Tuguegarao
- P4 million for the expansion of a one-storey LTFRB building in San Fernando, Pampanga
- P3.8 million for the completion of a one-story building in Pagadian City
- P3.7 million for the completion of a two-storey building in Tacloban City