7 groups qualify for opening of Cebu airport financial bids
MANILA, Philippines – The financial bids of the 7 prequalified bidders for the P17.5-billion Mactan-Cebu International Airport expansion project will be opened Thursday, December 12, the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) said.
In a text message to reporters on Wednesday, December 11, DOTC Spokesperson Atty. Michael Arthur Sagcal said all 7 groups hurdled the technical evaluation of the agency. They include:
- GMR Infrastructure and Megawide consortium
- Metro Pacific Investments Corporation and JG Summit Holdings
- Filinvest-CAI Airport consortium
- Premier Airport Group of SM Group
- Lopez group's First Philippine Airports
- San Miguel Corporation-Incheon Airport consortium
- AAA Airport Partners of Ayala Group and Cebu-based Aboitiz Land
The Cebu airport project is one of the big-ticket items under the Aquino administration's Public-Private Partnership (PPP) program. The program was launched in 2010 to create much-needed infrastructure that will help sustain the country's fast economic growth.
The project seeks to modernize the country’s second-largest airport. It involves the construction of a new international passenger terminal building with annual capacity of 8 million passengers. It also involves the expansion of the existing terminal building that has been operating over capacity since 2001. – Rappler.com