This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – The Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) of the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) has recommended the awarding of the P65-billion ($1.50 billion*) LRT 1 Cavite extension project to lone bidder Light Rail Manila Consortium.
The agency’s BAC met Monday, July 21, and approved the bid submitted by Light Rail Manila, DOTC spokesperson Michael Arthur Sagcal said.
“The BAC met and resolved to recommend the award of the project to Light Rail Manila Consortium,” he said.
Light Rail Manila was the only one that participated in the bidding for the largest Public-Private Partnership project so far. It offered a premium payment of P9.35 billion ($215.29 million). The consortium is owned by Metro Pacific Investments Corporation, with 55% stake; Ayala Corporation, with 35%; and Macquarie Infrastructure Holdings (Philippines) Pte Ltd, with 10%.
The Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA) board headed by Transporation Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya will meet Wednesday, July 23, to approve the bid of Light Rail Manila based on the recommendation of the BAC, LRTA administrator Honorio Chaneco said in a text message.
The LRT extension project will lengthen Line 1 from 20.7 kilometers to 32.4 km, with a new south endpoint in Niog, Bacoor, Cavite. Approximately 10.5 km of the Cavite Extension System will be elevated and 1.2 km will be at grade level. The extension will serve nearly 4 million residents of Parañaque, Las Piñas, and Cavite. – Rappler.com
($1 = P43.47)