MANILA, Philippines – Finally, 12 long years after the gem that was Finding Nemo, we’re getting Finding Dory very soon, and it looks amazing.
For those of you looking forward to finding out about Dory’s family in Pixar’s upcoming film, Finding Dory, there were most definitely a couple of sneak peeks at the D23 Expo on August 14 (August 15 in Manila).
Those who made an appearance at the expo include director Andrew Stanton, who also directed Finding Nemo, and Ellen DeGeneres, who voices Dory. Here’s what we learned from the expo:
- Andrew wanted to develop Dory’s character more after Finding Nemo. According to Variety, he said that since Finding Nemo ended without us knowing who Dory’s family was, he wanted to make sure that she could find her way home if she got lost again.
- Diane Keaton and Eugene Levy play Dory’s parents, Jenny and Charlie.
- An octopus named Hank in the upcoming film will be voiced by Ed O’Neill from Modern Family.
- The story will feature a sort of environmental sanctuary where marine animals are protected before being released back out to the wild.
- Meanwhile, Ty Burrell will voice Bailey, a beluga whale. It’s a Modern Family reunion of sorts – Ty and Ed play Phil Dunphy and Jay Pritchett on the hit show.
- Kaitlyn Olson will voice Destiny, a whale shark.
Will you be watching Finding Dory when it comes out in theaters in 2016? Tell us in the comments below! – Rappler.com
More from #D23: