MANILA, Philippines – Alden Richards and Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza finally got together with no obstacles between them at AlDub’s big day the Philippine Arena, Saturday, October 24.
Since the formation of the AlDub tandem back in July, they have been consistently trending worldwide, and #ALDubEBTamangPanahon was no exemption. The event is not only their way of giving back to the fans, but also a chance to put up libraries in public elementary school around the country and do other things for a good cause via the AlDub library project.
From Lola Nidora’s grand entrance to the sweet moments between Alden and Yaya Dub onstage, here are 10 highlights from the show.
1. Lola Nidora, Tinidora and Tidora’s performance. The show kicked off when Lola Nidora played Wally Bayola made a grand entrance, arriving via helicopter. Nidora was later taken to a van via a golf cart, and entered the Philippine Arena.
Once onstage, Lola Nidora and the Rogelios performed “Dessert.” This was followed by Tidora’s Regine Velasquez and Mariah Carey number. Not to be outdone, Tinidora made her entrance via the famous “Mambo Number 5.”
2. No commercial break for Eat Bulaga. The AlDub Nation got a special surprise from Lola Nidora again, when she presented a folder that was locked. She later opened the photo to reveal the words “No Commercial Interruption,” meaning Eat Bulaga aired straight without commercial breaks.
Lola Nidora said that this was her special surprise not only to the audience present at the Philippine Arena, but also those watching at home and abroad.
3. The Explorer sisters story and Lola Nidora’s love story. The audience got to know more about the lives of the Explorer sisters through a Great Gastby performance by Eat Bulaga co-hosts Patricia Tumulak, Julia Clarete, Pauleen Luna. Lola Nidora also shared more about her love life, and the suitors she got like Albert Einstein and Antonio Luna.
4. Wally Bayola’s amazing transformation onstage. You got to hand it to Wally Bayola for playing 3 characters in the Kalyeserye. Onstage, he transformed to Lola Nidora, Duhrizz, and Rihanna without any complains.
It just proves that it was not just Alden and Yaya Dub who made the segment popular, because Wally one of the keys to the success of the show.
5. The emotional meeting and group hug. It was an emotional moment for Alden, Yaya Dub and Lola Nidora onstage. Lola Nidora said the time has finally come for Alden and Yaya Dub to be together.
“Dumating na hindi inaasahan, binago ang mga buhay natin. Yaya Dub, Alden,” said Lola, stepping back to allow them to touch. (What we did not expect has happened and changed our lives.)
Before Lola left, Alden reached out to her and all of them embraced tightly, holding back their emotions.
6. Alden serenades Yaya Dub, AlDub gets their first dance. After getting Lola Nidora’s blessing, Alden thanked Maine, saying “Maine, ang tagal kong hinintay tong chance na to, to say that God gave me you. Ang layo na rin narating natin. Dalawang taong naghahanap, and finally nagkita na rin. Salamat sa ‘yo,” he said.
(Maine, I’ve been waiting for this chance for so long, to say that God gave me you. We’ve come a long way, two people searching for, and finally finding each other. Thank you.)
Alden also thanked the fans for their support before performing “God Gave Me You,” holding hands with Maine for the whole duration of the performance. After Maine’s speech, Lola Nidora asked them to dance onstage. Alden then got one box which he opened to reveal the glass shoe Yaya left in an episode last August.
7. Maine’s backstory. For the first time, more details were revealed about Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza. Her family and close friends shared who she was behind the persona. It was also revealed that Yaya Dub will grace two magazine covers this November. A teaser for the movie My Bebe Love was also flashed on screen to the audience’s delight.
8. AlDub song performances. In a rare treat, singers of the songs used in the Kalyeserye performed onstage. Joey Generoso performed “Forevermore” while Tito, Vic, Joey also surprised the audience by performing one of AlDub’s theme songs.
Joey Generoso performing "Forevermore." pic.twitter.com/S0sXHw4U7m— alexa villano (@alexavillano) October 24, 2015
9. Lola Nidora recovers the secret diary! As the show was about to end, Tidora noticed that Nidora was not inside the arena. On screen, they saw that Nidora confronting the riding tandem, that took the secret diary two months ago. On Friday, October 23, Nidora revealed that the diary contained more secrets of the family she would rather not reveal.
10. Alden almost kissed Yaya Dub on the cheek. Following the recovery of the diary, the hosts of the show freeze onstage. Fans screamed in delight, when Joey de Leon positioned Alden’s face close to Maine his lips a few inches away from her cheek. But unfortunately, Alden did not kiss her, despite Joey’s push.
What was you favorite highlight from Eat Bulaga’s Tamang Panahon? Let us know in the comments section. – Rappler.com
AlDub’s big day:
- The AlDub hug: 21 photos of Alden and Yaya Dub’s sweetest ‘Tamang Panahon’ moments
- AlDub’s ‘Tamang Panahon’ Twitter record
- Photo recap: ‘AlDub: Tamang Panahon’ with Alden, Yaya Dub, Lola Nidora
- [IN PHOTOS] ‘AlDub: Tamang Panahon’ fun: Fans flock to Philippine Arena
Other AlDub stories:
- #AlDub recap: Lola Nidora’s ‘tamang panahon’ finally gets a date
- WATCH: Lola Nidora, Yaya Dub accept Catholic Social Media Award
- Why does everyone seem to love ‘AlDub’?
- The Good, the Bad, and the Sad of the Kalyeserye/Aldub phenomenon
- #AlDub recap: Yaya Dub sings for Alden, fans get an Aldub duet
- Wally Bayola on Lola Nidora, ‘AlDub,’ Maine Mendoza
- Twitter exec commends #AlDub: ‘It’s a global phenomenon’
- #AlDub recap: Alden visits Yaya Dub, AlDub takes first photo
- IN PHOTOS: PH stars, fans celebrate ‘National Pabebe Wave Day’
- AlDub theme song performer Bryan White coming to Manila
- AlDub fans help #ALDubEBforLOVE pull in over 25 million tweets
- #Aldub: Yaya Dub and Alden finally go on their first date
- #AlDub: That time Yaya Dub and Alden almost met face-to-face
- Filipinos tweeted 12 million times for AlDub’s romantic date
- How #AlDub is breaking the Internet
- #AlDub update: The #YaKie wedding
- #AlDub, the story so far: Alden and Yaya Dub’s forbidden love
- #AlDub: Yaya Dub and Alden’s ‘Cinderella’ moment
- #AlDub: The fun tandem of Alden Richards and ‘Yaya Dub’
- #AlDub: 10 celebrity fans
- Yaya Dub actress doing well after fainting during ‘Eat Bulaga’