MANILA, Philippines – Alden Richards and Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza once again got their fans giddy as they impersonated one of the most popular tandems in Philippine showbiz in this week’s Kalyeserye. And they also had a special visitor from Cebu-based aunt Bebeng.
Following the success of the Tamang Panahon last October 24, fans of the AlDub tandem continue to watch with great anticipation about what will happen next in the blossoming romance between the two. Alden and Maine’s careers also continue to soar, with endorsements and projects galore, plus a movie in the works.
But it seems there is trouble once again brewing for the lovebirds when it comes to the storyline on the show. Here’s what happened this week:
Lola Nidora got word that there will be someone coming to visit. It turned out to be their Cebu-based aunt Bebeng, whom Yaya Dub stayed with last month.
Nidora and her sisters Tidora and Tinidora got a visit from their aunt’s helper Chaka Kang, who gave them a letter, detailing what she wants to see when she visits them. All 3 read the letter, and Tidora and Tinidora immediately raised their protests on some of their aunt’s rules, which include: no short clothing, no loud music, not too much makeup, and no boys.
Meanwhile, Alden tried to cheer Yaya Dub up after it was discovered that all her social media accounts were hacked (in real life, Maine Mendoza’s Twitter and Instagram were hacked). Alden even impersonated Nidora, but it seemed it was not working. He even performed his pick-up lines to get Yaya to smile. But Yaya was not in the mood and even gave him the cold shoulder. Alden returned to his place feeling rejected. Nidora meanwhile scolded Yaya for snubbing Alden, saying all he wanted was to make her happy.
Nidora and her sisters reminded everyone to be careful about posting on their social media accounts. Yaya Dub then said sorry to Alden, who accepted her apology.
Yaya Dub expressed her interest to perform in the “Gaya-Gaya Pa More segment’ of Eat Bulaga. Alden also said he would like to join and perform with Yaya. Nidora was initially hesitant but was convinced by Tidora and Tinidora to say yes afterwards.
On Thursday, November 5, all 4 prepared for Aunt Bebeng’s visit. Tidora wore light makeup, Tindora and Yaya wore long dresses, and the music was not too loud – in accordance to Bebeng’s rules. After the usual sugod bahay portion, aunt Bebeng (played by Gloria Romero) finally arrived with Chaka Kang behind her.
She immediately started asking questions including why the 3 of them (Nidora, Tidora, and Tinidora) have not been visiting her. All 3 apologized, saying they were busy. She also asked Nidora about the big event at the Philippine Arena and why she was not invited. Tidora and Tinidora immediately started talking and said it was all Nidora’s idea. Nidora meanwhile explained that her phone got hacked thus, she was not able to inform Bebeng about it.
But Bebeng was not finished. She immediately about the man courting Yaya Dub. Yaya explained the situation about Alden, and Bebeng told her she was to young, which Tidora and Tinidora said she was not. On cue came Alden, serenading Yaya with flowers and making a heart-shaped sign with the word “AlDub.” The lolas immediately rushed outside to meet him and cautioned Alden about their aunt Bebeng.
Alden was then formally introduced to Bebeng, who grilled him with questions and expressed concern upon learning he was an actor. Alden assured her that his intentions for Yaya were pure. He even sought her permission for him and Yaya to perform on Saturday, November 7. Bebeng was hesitant but finally agreed.
On Friday, Nidora arrived in a foul mood and the performance of Alden and Yaya was almost jeopardized after she said she was rethinking if the two should join. Nidora scolded Tidora and Tinidora, saying she felt the two left her to do all the explaining to their aunt, and the two apologized. Yaya and Alden started practicing for their performance, appearing as Elvis Presley and Madonna. Lola Nidora said that the two will perform together as a tandem.
Saturday, November 7: AlDub’s big performance day. But before that, Nidora, Tidora, Tinidora did their own impersonation of Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj to the tune of “Bang Bang.”
Finally, Nidora introduced their tandem. Alden came out first as Tirso “Pip” Cruz III with a doll, Maria Leonora Theresa, as a tribute to the “daughter” of the tandem. And when there’s a Pip, there’s a Guy. Out came Yaya Dub as Nora ” Guy” Aunor lip synching.
The also performed “Together Forever” and Alden serenaded her with his song “Wish I May.”
Alden: kahit kailan hindi ka magiging gaya gaya sa iba Yaya: bakit? Alden: kasi ikaw ang original sa puso ko #ALDUBPerformsTogether— Eat Bulaga (@EatBulaga) November 7, 2015
Yaya Dub responded:
"Gaya gaya talaga ako kasi nung sinabi mong AlDub You. Ginaya kita. ALDUB You too." - Yaya Dub #ALDUBPerformsTogether— Eat Bulaga (@EatBulaga) November 7, 2015
Alden then gave her 3 roses. He also took the jewelry box and was about to put the ring of everlasting love on her finger. But when he opened it, both were shocked to find no ring inside. Nidora then went ballistic, insisting the ring should be found.
Who took the ring of everlasting love? Will they ever find it? Tune in as the Kalyeserye continues.
Were you impressed by Yaya and Alden’s impersonation of Guy and Pip? Let us know in the comments section. – Rappler.com
More on Maine, Alden, and AlDub:
AlDub’s big day:
- 10 fun facts about Maine Mendoza, aka Yaya Dub
- #AlDub Halloween special: Alden presents Yaya Dub with a special ring
- #AlDub: Alden surprises Yaya Dub with a sweet gesture
- #AlDubNewBeginnings: Catching up with AlDub after ‘Tamang Panahon’
- AlDub’s ‘Lola Nidora’ shares past love, ex-suitors, love advice
- AlDub’s ‘Tamang Panahon’: 10 unforgettable moments
- The AlDub hug: 21 photos of Alden and Yaya Dub’s sweetest ‘Tamang Panahon’ moments
- AlDub’s ‘Tamang Panahon’ Twitter record
- Photo recap: ‘AlDub: Tamang Panahon’ with Alden, Yaya Dub, Lola Nidora
- [IN PHOTOS] ‘AlDub: Tamang Panahon’ fun: Fans flock to Philippine Arena
Other AlDub stories:
- #AlDub recap: Lola Nidora’s ‘tamang panahon’ finally gets a date
- WATCH: Lola Nidora, Yaya Dub accept Catholic Social Media Award
- Why does everyone seem to love ‘AlDub’?
- The Good, the Bad, and the Sad of the Kalyeserye/Aldub phenomenon
- #AlDub recap: Yaya Dub sings for Alden, fans get an Aldub duet
- Wally Bayola on Lola Nidora, ‘AlDub,’ Maine Mendoza
- Twitter exec commends #AlDub: ‘It’s a global phenomenon’
- #AlDub recap: Yaya Dub sings for Alden, fans get an Aldub duet
- IN PHOTOS: PH stars, fans celebrate ‘National Pabebe Wave Day’
- AlDub theme song performer Bryan White coming to Manila
- AlDub fans help #ALDubEBforLOVE pull in over 25 million tweets
- #Aldub: Yaya Dub and Alden finally go on their first date
- #AlDub: That time Yaya Dub and Alden almost met face-to-face
- Filipinos tweeted 12 million times for AlDub’s romantic date
- How #AlDub is breaking the Internet
- #AlDub update: The #YaKie wedding
- #AlDub, the story so far: Alden and Yaya Dub’s forbidden love
- #AlDub: Yaya Dub and Alden’s ‘Cinderella’ moment
- #AlDub: The fun tandem of Alden Richards and ‘Yaya Dub’
- #AlDub: 10 celebrity fans
- Yaya Dub actress doing well after fainting during ‘Eat Bulaga’