Kris, Jillian and great fathers
MANILA, Philippines – The age of 12, ill-fated aircraft and great fathers – these are what Jillian and Kris have in common.
During the necrological service for the late Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo at the Naga City Hall on Sunday, August 26, his daughter Patricia "Tricia" Robredo mentioned that her youngest sibling Jillian Robredo thought about how she could be the next Kris Aquino. Tricia Robredo said that Jillian, the youngest of the Robredos' three daughters, wanted to be an actress.
Philippine queen of talk Kris Aquino learned about the speech from her sister Victoria Eliza "Viel' Aquino Dee, who sent her a text message. "I am HUMBLED by the honor of Jillian wanting to be like me when she grows up because like me she lost her Dad at 12 years old," tweeted Kris in her official Twitter account.
Kris' father – the late Sen Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino Jr – was shot dead at the tarmac of the Manila International Airport (now Ninoy Aquino International Airport) on Aug 21, 1983. Jillian's father – the late Secretary – was confirmed dead when his body was found inside the fuselage of an aircraft that crashed in the waters off Masbate on August 21, 2012. – Rappler.com
- Robredo state funeral: Fit for 'heroes'
- 'Abrasado did everything he could'
- Aika Robredo: Family 'at peace'
- The day Naga found out Robredo died
- National Days of Mourning for Robredo
- Jesse Robredo's journey back home
- Pilots' families in deep sorrow
- PNoy's promises to Robredo's wife
- Robredo family: We're bracing for worst