This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – “Your fans think they know everything about you – do they?” Ellen DeGeneres asked One Direction when the boys were guests on her show on Wednesday, November 18.
After catapulting to fame following their formation on The X Factor in 2010, the 1D boys seem to have answered all their fans’ questions, not only in interviews, but also in their concert films.
It turns out though, there are some things we’ve yet to learn about the boys.
In a round of “Never Have I Ever,” it’s revealed who’s hooked up with a fan before, who regrets any of their tattoos, and who’s gone skinny dipping in a hotel pool.
Some of Ellen’s statements also seemed to be geared towards Harry, as she said, “Never have I ever had someone write a song about me.”
After all 4 boys turned their paddles to say “I have never,” Ellen declared, “We’re not gonna play if you’re gonna lie.”
“We’re very honest in this studio, we’re very truthful,” she continued, before turning Harry Styles’ paddle to say “I have.”
Many fans have speculated that Taylor Swift’s “Style,” among quite a number of other songs, is about – you guessed it – Harry Styles. The two dated briefly in 2012.
After another statement – “Never have I ever made out with double my age” – Harry said, “Alright, what is it with this game?”
Harry dated Caroline Flack, the host of The X Factor spin-off The Xtra Factor, in 2011. There’s a 15-year age gap between the two.
“We’re all having fun!” replied Ellen, to which Harry muttered, “I’m not having fun,” with a good-natured smile.
After releasing their latest labum, Made in the AM, One Direction is taking a one-year break instead of going on tour, as they usually do. “Our schedule that we’ve been on hasn’t been that normal really, we’ve done like 4 tours in 4 years, so we’re due a year off, aren’t we?” reasoned Louis Tomlinson.
The band also spoke briefly about Zayn Malik leaving the band. According to Louis Tomlinson, they “had a feeling” that Zayn would be leaving, and when asked if they’ve spoken to him since, Liam Payne answered yes. (WATCH: One Direction on Zayn’s exit: ‘We were angry at first’)
Zayn left the band in March, saying he wanted some time out of the spotlight. He’s since announced that he’s pursuing a solo career.
Zayn recently did an interview with Fader magazine. In a preview of the interview, he says on working on his new music, “It’s a nice feeling to come out of a place where you are being told what to do and to be upset when, you know, just because of certain expectations or certain things that people wanna see.”
“It is just all my perspective,” Zayn continued, emphasizing the word “my.” “And that’s fully liberating.”
What do you think of One Direction’s round of “Never Have I Ever” on Ellen? Tell us in the comments! – Rappler.com
More One Direction on Rappler here:
- CONFIRMED: Zayn Malik leaves One Direction
- In tweets: Fans react to news that Zayn Malik is leaving One Direction
- PH fans react to news that Zayn Malik won’t come to Manila
- Zayn Malik of One Direction will not perform in Manila concert
- Zayn Malik in One Direction: 5 unforgettable moments
- One Direction members speak up about Zayn Malik’s departure
- WATCH: One Direction on Zayn’s exit: ‘We were angry at first’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson in Twitter fight with Zayn Malik
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards end engagement – report
- WATCH: Perrie Edwards addresses Zayn Malik breakup
One Direction in Jakarta:
One Direction in Manila:
- IN PHOTOS: One Direction in Manila concert, day 1
- Watch clips from One Direction live in Manila, day 1
- One Direction pays ‘marijuana bond’ to Philippines – govt
- One Direction concert organizers must pay cash bond for 1D to perform
- Two members of One Direction caught smoking on video
- One Direction to perform in Manila in 2015
- One Direction releases first single without Zayn Malik
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson to be a father – reports
- One Direction squashes rumors they’re breaking up
- WATCH: One Direction’s ‘Drag Me Down’ music video
- Little boy teaches One Direction how to nae nae
- One Direction breaks streaming record with surprise song
- Simon Cowell speaks up on controversial One Direction video