The Star Magic Ball 2012 winners
MANILA, Philippines - On Saturday, September 1, the mezzanine lobby of the Makati Shangri-La Hotel was transformed into a glamorous fanfest as ABS-CBN's Star Magic celebrities graced the red carpet and attended their much-awaited annual event: the Star Magic Ball 2012.
The event coincided with the 20th year anniversary of Star Magic, ABS-CBN's very own talent management company led by director Johnny Manahan.
Through the years, Star Magic (formerly known as the ABS-CBN Talent Center) has discovered, trained and made stars out of some of today's most familiar names: Diether Ocampo, Piolo Pascual and Christine Hermosa, to name a few.
The 3.5-hour red carpet was followed by a program and an after-party only for ABS-CBN, Star Magic and their talents.
The program also served as an "awards night" in appreciation of Star Magic staff members and talents.
Here is the list of winners:
1) Transformer Award - Direk Jojo Saguin
2) It's More Fun with Star Magic Award - Abby Niesta
3) Hot Momma Award - Carmina Villaroel
4) Hot Papa Award - Gerald Anderson
5) Breakout Style Award - Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo
6) O+ Star of the Night Award - Enchong Dee and Maja Salvador
7) Moet and Chandon Fab Pair - Maricar Reyes and Richard Poon
8) MMS Box Office Star - Malou Santos
9) SMB (Super Mom and Bosing) - Tita Cory Vidanes
10) Jaw-Dropping Stunner Award - Bea Alonzo
11) Stand Out Star Award - Coco Martin
12) Prince and Princess of the Night (teen stars) - Julia Barretto and Julian Estrada
13) Sweetheart of the Night Award - Julia Montes
14) Couple of the Night - Kim Chiu and Xian Lim
15) Star Magic Icons Award - Angelica Panganiban and Diether Ocampo
RAPPLER live-blogged the event as it happened.
Check it out and see all the moments that we were able to catch, from celebrity couples, celebrities who went dateless and, of course, the amazing fashion.
Watch out for more stories on Star Magic Ball 2012 here in RAPPLER!
Culture and beyond
We love pop culture. Whether it is TV, movies, or music, we seek to go beyond the news by providing deep dives and explainers on the latest trends happening locally and around the world.
Serious work goes into our brand of cultural journalism. However, to continue exploring the entertainment landscape, we need your support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.