MANILA, Philippines – Mark Rylance won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his work in Bridge of Spies, at the 2016 Academy Awards held at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles, California Sunday night, February 28 (the 29th in Manila).
Set at the height of the Cold War in 1957, Bridge of Spies sees Mark Rylance playing Rudolf Abel, an agent of the KGB, the Soviet secret police. He is tried for espionage while stationed in the United States, and Tom Hanks plays James Donovan, his defense counsel.
This is Rylance’s first nomination for an Oscar. – Rappler.com
More Oscars 2016:
- IN PHOTOS: Oscars 2016 red carpet
- FULL LIST: Winners, Oscars 2016
- Oscars 2016: Leonardo DiCaprio wins Best Actor
- Oscars 2016: Brie Larson wins Best Actress
- Oscars 2016: Alicia Vikander wins Best Supporting Actress
- Oscars 2016: Mark Rylance wins Best Supporting Actor
- Oscars 2016: ‘Spotlight’ wins Best Picture
- Oscars 2016 predictions: Who will win?
- FULL LIST: Nominees, Oscars 2016
- 2016 Oscars: Reactions from the nominees
- How stars prepare for the Oscars
- Stage set for Oscars night tainted by race issue
- Anohni, first transgender performer nominated, shuns Oscars
- Fil-Am Ronnie del Carmen gets Oscar nod for ‘Inside Out’
- Rules change for Oscars acceptance speeches
- Leonardo DiCaprio has ‘no nerves’ over Oscar nomination
- LOOK: Get Leonardo DiCaprio an Oscar in funny game ‘Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage’
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.