MANILA, Philippines – Filipino horror movie icon Lilia Cuntapay appealed for help from her former colleagues in showbiz as she can no longer work due to her medical condition, and her relatives particularly mentioned Coco Martin and Vice Ganda. Now, the two actors have reacted to this.
In an interview with reporters on Sunday, August 7, at the story conference for their upcoming movie, Coco said: “Actually nagkausap na kami nung manager ko (Biboy Arboleda) about doon. Sorry hindi ko pa nasabi kay Vice pero nakapagusap na kami.”
(Actually, my manager and I have talked about it. I’m sorry because I have not really told Vice about it yet, but we’ve talked about it.)
Vice said he has yet to hear about what happened to Lilia, who was brought from Gonzaga, Cagayan to Pinili, Ilocos Norte, where her son resides.
“Parang I have not heard about it yet. Kasi huli kaming nagkita was noong eleksyon. (The last time we saw each other was during the elections),” Vice said.
“Kasi tuwing election nagkikita kami doon kasi magkapitbahay kami. Magkausap kami hindi ko alam na may something siya.”
(Because every election, we would see each other, and we were neighbors. We would talk, but I was not aware that she had some concerns).
According to Lilia’s relatives, the actress is suffering from a spinal cord illness and could not walk. Her condition needs immediate medical attention, according to people from Task Force Lingkod Cagayan (TLFC), who helped bring her to Pinili.
Director Antoinette Jadaone, who directed Lilia in the 2011 Cinema Originals mockumentary Six Degrees of Separation from Lilia Cuntapay, has also shared a way of helping the ailing 81-year-old actress. (READ: Antoinette Jadaone: From Super Ferry to Six Degrees)
CORRECTION: Account name is JENELMA CUNTAPAY DAET pic.twitter.com/F0CQeUZNVL— Tonette, Tonette (@tonetjadaone) August 5, 2016
After their big hit last year, Beauty and the Bestie, Coco and Vice are teaming up again for another film, which is to be directed by Joyce Bernal.
When asked what he felt about doing the project, Vice joked: “Actually ayoko talaga gawin itong project na ito… Syempre excited. First time namin kay Direk Joyce ‘no. Excited kami. Sobra kaming happy ni Coco na makakatrabaho na namin si Direk Joyce.”
(Actually, I really did not want to do this project… Of course, I’m excited. This is our first time with Direk Joyce. We’re so excited. Coco and I are very happy to be working with Direk Joyce.)
Coco also echoed Vice’s sentiments, saying that he always wanted to do a project with Joyce.
“Ako naman dati ko pa nirerequest na makatrabaho si Direk Joyce. Dati na kami nag-usap,” he said.
(I’ve been requesting to work with Direk Joyce for quite a while. We’ve been talking about it.)
While he and Coco are teaming up once again, Vice clarified that the upcoming movie will not be a sequel to Beauty and the Bestie.
Joyce also said that she’s excited to be working with the two, but admitted to feeling pressure since the two starred in a blockbuster film directed by the late Wenn Deramas.
“Yes, yung pressure, unting-unti ko na tinatanggal. Because I’m not the P500 million director. I’m just a director, so okay lang. Excited ako [and] at the same time, tense. Pero yung pressure tinatanggal ko na kasi gusto ko sila makasama na happy and walang pressure,” she said.
(Yes, I’m slowly trying to not mind the pressure. Because I’m not the P500 million director. I’m just a director, but that’s okay. I’m excited but at the same time, tense. But I’m not minding the pressure because when I work with them, I want to be happy and without pressure.)
“So parang gusto ko mangyari dito is [what] I felt doon sa Kimmy Dora na gusto ko lang gumawa ng kakaiba…”
(So what I want to happen here is something like what I felt when I was doing Kimmy Dora, when I just wanted to do something different)
More details have yet to be disclosed about the yet-to-be-titled film; however, the kids from FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano – Xymon Ezekiel Pineda aka Onyok and McNeal “Aura” Briguela aka Makmak – are part of the movie. – Rappler.com