MANILA, Philippines – The finale of the Twilight movie series was finally released in Philippine cinemas on Thursday, November 15.
RAPPLER readers share why you should or should not watch Breaking Dawn part 2, one of this year’s much-awaited and talked-about flicks.
1) Luke Marohomsalic, Performance Coach: I love it — the fight scene and the credits the most.
2) Kevin Elizalde, Student: Epic! It did not fail to sustain the excitement until the end. I nearly fell from my seat. My stomach was crumbling and my nerves were cracking throughout the whole film.
3) Paul Guillermo, Student: It’s overrated.
4) Stacy de Jesus, Rappler Social Media Producer: It’s a 9 out of 10 for me. Great screenplay! I loved the twist at the end. Like the book, this is the best movie in the entire Twilight series.
5) Princess Mae Reyes, College Student: Boring and predictable.
6) Ian Laput, Psychologist: Breaking Dawn 2 is a fitting finale to the Twilight Saga. It’s a good mixture of action, drama, humor and good music, especially “A Thousand Years” that made the movie sentimental especially when they gave a rundown of all the characters of the whole series (sic). The fight or battle scene between the Volturi and the Renesmee supporters definitely a must see (sic) with the audience holding on to their seats throughout the scene and laughing at the end of it.
7) Lawrence Ibale, Talent Acquisition Professional: I like how some scenes were a flashback of each franchise. And at the end, that “epic” finale had everyone with expletives. I’d say it really is a love story, at some point diplomatic with how each conflict is presented. It also made me excited for Meyer’s The Host.
8) Ica Icaro, Mass Com student: It is very political and peace-promoting. The movie embodies a country, a society, an organization in which war is not a solution for problems and misunderstandings. It is just a matter of diplomacy.
9) Pinky Jacob Ileto, Marketing Consultant: I didn’t have great expectations about this finale and even coerced my husband to join me and my girlfriends (sic). Surprisingly, I found myself at the edge of my seat during the battle scenes and when the climax unfolded. We left the cinema quite pleased and with a lesson to take home: any conflict is resolved through communication and diplomacy. Best feedback? My husband actually enjoyed it!
10) Mary Cristine, Academic Head: It’s a feel good movie, with a perfect ending. My 6-year-old girl is an avid fan too. It was worth the wait.
Have you seen Breaking Dawn part 2? We’d love to hear what you think about the film.
Send us your bite-size movie reviews, no more than 5 sentences long. You can tweet us or email firstname.lastname@example.org; use the subject heading POOLED REVIEWS – BREAKING DAWN part 2.
What are you looking forward to watching next? Tell us. Let’s review movies together! – Rappler.com
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.