Cinema One Originals 2012 winners
MANILA, Philippines - Cinema One Originals Festival 2012 held their awards night on December 3 at the ABS-CBN Dolphy Theater.
Matteo Guidicelli and Megan Young hosted the program.
The 13 feature films in competition were:
- Mariposa sa Hawla ng Gabi
- Mater Dolorosa
- Ang Paglalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim
- Melodrama Negra
- Slumber Party
- Anak Araw
- Edsa XXX
- Mamay Umeng
1) Audience Choice - Melodrama Negra by Ma. Isabel Legarda
2) SunShorts Viewer's Choice Award - 1945 by Jun Reyes (presented by Tara Cabullo)
3) Best Sound - Aberya
4) Best Musical Score - Catnip
5) Best Editing - Kevin Dayrit for Catnip
6) Best Production Design - Michael Espanol for Mariposa sa Hawla ng Gabi
7) Best Cinematography - Danilo Salas III for Anak Araw
8) Best Supporting Actress - Ria Garcia for Melodrama Negra
9) Best Supporting Actor - Nicholas Varela for Aberya
10) Best Actress - Mara Lopez for Palitan
11) Best Actor - Alex Medina for Palitan
12) Special Awardee/Philippine Cinema's Most Celebrated Filmmaker - Peque Gallaga (presented by Lore Reyes)
13) Best Screenplay - Kein Dayrit for Catnip
14) Best Director - Kevin Dayrit for Catnip
15) Special Jury Prize - Ang Paglalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim by Arnel Mardoquio
16) Best Picture - Pascalina by Pam Miras
This year's jury members are filmmaker Joyce Bernal, film critic and journalist Paolo Bertolin, Asian cinema expert Stephin Cremin, actor Sid Lucero, award-winning fictionist Dr. Alvin Yapan, PhD.
Cinema One Originals will run at Robinsons Galleria Movieworld until December 9 and Shangri-La Mall Cineplex until December 4. - Rappler.com
Culture and beyond
We love pop culture. Whether it is TV, movies, or music, we seek to go beyond the news by providing deep dives and explainers on the latest trends happening locally and around the world.
Serious work goes into our brand of cultural journalism. However, to continue exploring the entertainment landscape, we need your support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.