MANILA, Philippines – Madonna is the big winner of music site Billboard.com’s Reader’s Poll, according to a post written by Jason Lipshutz posted on December 18 (December 19 in Manila).
The poll is the site’s year-end fan forum. Thanks perhaps to her world tour this year that was tinged with controversy here and there (one of which was her supposed word war with Lady Gaga), the Material Girl came out reigning in 4 categories.
Here are the results:
- 2012 MVP: Madonna
- Best Newcomer: Lana del Rey
- Favorite Hot 100 No. 1: Adele’s Set Fire to the Rain
- Favorite Billboard 200 No. 1: Madonna’s MDNA
- Best Music Video: Psy’s Gangnam Style
- Best Comeback: No Doubt
- Most Shocking Moment: Whitney Houston’s death
- Best Festival: Lollapalooza
- Best Tour: Madonna
- Best TV Performance: Madonna at the Super Bowl
Watch the lyric video of Madonna’s ‘Girl Gone Wild’ here:
To see the runners-up and other year-end lists, visit Billboard.com. – Rappler.com