MANILA, Philippines – The American Idol Top 10 have been revealed — and Filipino-American Adriana Latonio is not in it.
On March 8, the 90-minute AI episode announced to a tense and excited audience the names of the lucky 10 who are moving on to the finals.
The show gave the announcement of finalists a twist in format. Instead of announcing the names onstage to the audience, host Ryan Seacrest revealed the results backstage to the semi-finalists without the audience hearing.
Upon learning they advanced, each contestant walked on stage, surprised the audience and sang their “victory song.”
Here are the 5 guys who made it, listed in the order that they were announced. Beside them is the song they performed:
- Paul Jolley (“Alone” by Heart)
- Burnell Taylor (“Ready For Love” by India.Arie)
- Curtis Finch Jr. (“So High” by John Legend)
- Devin Velez (“The Power of One” by Israel Houghton)
- Lazaro Arbos (“Bridge Over Troubled Water” by Simon & Garfunkel)
Here are the 5 girls:
- Janelle Arthur (“Home” by Dierks Bentley)
- Candice Glover (“I’m Goin’ Down” by Mary J. Blige)
- Angie Miller (“I Was Here” by Beyonce)
- Amber Holcomb (“I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Khan)
- Kree Harrison (“Evidence” by Susan Tedeschi)
But that wasn’t the end of the surprises. Seacrest also announced that of the semi-finalists who did not advance, the top two vote-getters (one male, one female) will compete next week to win a spot on the American Idol tour.
According to Seacrest, almost 39 million votes were cast during the semi-finals. Despite speculations and the judges’ hopes, there are no wildcards for the next round.
Fil-Am Adriana Latonio’s chances of getting in the Top 10 suffered from her weak performance in the semi-finals. She was the only contestant with Filipino blood to make it that far this season.
But perhaps we’ll see her on the “Idol” tour? Only America’s voters can decide. – Rappler.com