MANILA, Philippines – The 8 films for the first Metro Manila Summer Film Festival were announced on Monday, March 2.
Official entries to the summer film festival include:
- Isa Pang Bahaghari starring Nora Aunor
- The Missing starring Joseph Marco and Ritz Azul
- Tagpuan starring Alfred Vargas, Iza Calzado, and Shaina Magdayao
- Love The Way U Lie starring Xian Lim, Kylie Verzosa, and Alex Gonzaga
- Ngayon Kaya starring Paulo Avelino and Janine Gutierrez
- Coming Home starring Jinggoy Estrada and Sylvia Sanchez
- Love or Money, starring Coco Martin and Angelica Panganiban,
- A Hard Day starring Dingdong Dantes
All films will be screened exclusively from April 11 to April 21. A Parade of Stars is scheduled on April 4, according to a MMDA press release,
The MMFF, which began in 1975, traditionally takes place once a year beginning on December 25, Christmas Day, until the first weekend of January. During the run of the festival, only official entries to the festival may be screened in Philippine cinemas. The same rule will apply during the summer edition of the festival, the MMDA earlier announced.
In 2019, it was proposed that a summer edition of the festival be held, in a bid to help the Philippine movie industry. – Rappler.com