MANILA, Philippines – And she continues with her American idol journey.
Jessica Sanchez, the 16-year-old Filipino-Mexican-American sensation on the reality singing contest, was declared safe during the show’s latest elimination Thursday, May 3 (Friday, May 4 in Manila).
She now moves on to the top 4 round of the hit show, along with fellow finalists Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, and Hollie Cavanagh.
Eliminated from the competition was Skylar Laine.
Before she was declared safe, she was paired with Laine, and was critiqued by mentor Jimmy Iovine.
Sanchez’s performance of “You Are So Beautiful” was “just that – beautiful… It was magnificent,” he said.
On the other hand, like judge Randy Jackson, Iovine was not satisfied with the teenager’s performance of the Tina Turner staple “Proud Mary.”
Jennifer Lopez also praised Jessica once again, saying she just “sang beautifully” the previous night, but said her more sophisticated look might turn off some fans.
The night’s musical guests were “Idol” alumna Carrie Underwood and Coldplay. – Rappler.com
More on Jessica’s ‘Idol’ journey
- ‘Unbelievable’ talent: Jessica Sanchez again gets positive reviews on ‘Idol’
- Jessica gets ‘OK’ for ‘Rhapsody’, praises for ‘Dance With My Father’
- Jessica Sanchez makes it to American Idol Top 5
- Jessica Sanchez performs ‘Stuttering’ in JLo shoes
- After near-exit, AI fans hate, love Jessica Sanchez’s Fallin’
- Why did America snub Jessica Sanchez?
- Why Jessica Sanchez and Joshua Ledet are a ‘dream’ pair
- ‘Sweet Dreams’ – and reviews – for Jessica Sanchez
- Is Jessica Sanchez Mexipino or Filixican?
- A campaign for Jessica Sanchez
- Jessica Sanchez stumbles on American Idol