Vhong Navarro recovering from brutal attack

Rappler.com
After reportedly being attacked by 6 men, the actor-comedian needs to undergo surgery

ASSAULTED. A photo posted by actor-comedian Vhong Navarro the day he was reportedly attacked inside a condominium unit in The Fort. Photo from Vhong Navarro's Instagram

MANILA, Philippines – Fans of It’s Showtime! host Vhong Navarro will be missing him in a number of episodes while he is recuperating from an assault last January 22. He is also up for surgery on Monday, January 27.

In an interview with Pep.ph, Navarro’s talent manager and award-winning director Chito Roño said that there were 6 men who tied Navarro up before mauling him. 

Roño added that they are now in close coordination with their lawyers and he refused to give further details on the attack upon their advice.

Roño further told Pep.ph that the 37-year-old actor is in stable condition and that he is able to move a bit and talk despite not being perfectly fine.

On January 24, ABS-CBN reported the incident which happened two days prior and released a statement from Roño where he said that a female friend invited Navarro to a condominium unit in the Fort where he was suddenly blind folded, threatened, and attacked.

The report added that Navarro was also “a victim of extortion” but Roño did not give further details.

On January 22, the day of the attack, Navarro posted this photo on his Instagram account:

Navarro has two kids from his previous relationships and currently has a non-showbiz girlfriend about whom he kept mum until late last year. They have been together for about 4 years, but he has been keeping her identity a secret to help her keep living a private life and due to his then pending annulment case with former wife Bianca Lapus. Their annulment was granted in 2010. – Rappler.com