Provide your email for confirmation

Tell us a bit about yourself

country *
province *

why we ask about location

Please provide your email address

Login

To share your thoughts

Don't have an account?

Login with email

Check your inbox

We just sent a link to your inbox. Click the link to continue signing in. Can’t find it? Check your spam & junk mail.

Didn't get a link?

Sign up

Ready to get started

Already have an account?

Sign up with email

By signing up you agree to Rappler’s Terms and Conditions and Privacy

Check your inbox

We just sent a link to your inbox. Click the link to continue registering. Can’t find it? Check your spam & junk mail.

Didn't get a link?

Join Rappler+

How often would you like to pay?

Monthly Subscription

Your payment was interrupted

Exiting the registration flow at this point will mean you will loose your progress

Your payment didn’t go through

Exiting the registration flow at this point will mean you will loose your progress

Baron Geisler on being part of 'Ma' Rosa,' viral video incident

MANILA, Philippines – Baron Geisler was all praises for the film Ma' Rosa, where he played the role of a corrupt cop. Although he has not yet seen the film, he was very happy to hear positive feedback about the project. The cast and crew got together to celebrate Wednesday night, May 25, at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel, following the film's screening at Cannes film festival and Jaclyn Jose's best actress win. 

 "Actually to tell you the truth, I haven’t seen the film yet. But kung natuwa, nabigyan siya ng maraming accolades and magandang reviews at nanalo pa si – the pride of the Philippines, ang makakaangat sa ating industriya pa, babae pa ang ating nanay si Ms Jaclyn Jose," he said. 

(But if everyone was happy, if it was given so many accolades and good reviews, and it won, too – the pride of the Philippines, the person who helps elevate our [showbiz] industry, and it's a woman, it's our mother Ms. Jaclyn Jose.) 

"Ang galing lang ng production hindi lang po si Ms Jaclyn. Ang galing ng Sinag Maynila, galing ng Solar Entertainment Corp, ang galing ng lahat ng bumubuo. Si Direk Larry, Direk Brillante, sa lahat…perfect timing, perfect lahat ng nangyari. And perfect rin yung nakuha nilang lahat na artista.

(The production was great, not only Ms Jaclyn, Sinag Maynila was great, Solar Entertainment Corp was great, everyone who was behind the film was great. Direk Larry, Direk Brillante, everyone...[it was] perfect timing, it was perfect when it all happened. And it was also great, the cast they got.) 

 

"So para sa akin (For me) as a supporting actor, I am very honored and pleased to have worked with these amazing and brilliant minds. You know, it’s very humbling, this experience and wow, what else can I say, I would want to do another one," he said. 

"For me, Direk Brillante has perfected his own craft and his own found art. So hats off to him and I love him, and I’m one of his students," he said.

Jaclyn, 52, won the best actress award at the closing ceremonies of Cannes film festival, Sunday, May 22. She is the first Filipino actress to receive this honor. Brillante previously won Best Director for Kinatay in 2009 and Raymond Red won the Short Film Palme d'Or in 2000.  (IN PHOTOS: Jaclyn Jose's emotional Cannes 2016 win)

Making amends with student and viral video

With regard to the recent controversy where he got involved in an altercation with a student in a video that went viral online, Baron said he would rather not talk about it anymore. 

"If I would be too crass, I’d say I’d be floating my own sh*t. But I’m floating and I guess I think I'm realizing my own path as an actor," he said.

"I really cannot comment on that but as of now, please wait for more Brillante Mendoza pictures to come and sana makasama ako sa mga pelikula nila at sa iba pang mga pelikula ng mga iba pang direktor so 'yun po ang masasabi ko." (I hope to be part of their films and films of different directors, that's what I can say.)

When asked if a complaint was filed, Baron said:  "Right now, panoorin n'yo po yung video namin sa Facebook. Gumawa na po ako ng statement. Kayo na bahala ang mag-decide, but as of now okay na kami ni Khalil [Verzosa] so okay na. Nagkabati kami. I apologized na..."  (Right now, you can watch our video on Facebook. I already made a statement. It's all up to you to decide on it, but as of now, Khalil and I are okay. We've reconciled. I already apologized...)

 

 

Last May 18 via Facebook, Khalil said that he and Baron have made amends and discussed the matter privately. He said that the video project they had been working on was focused on Republic Act No. 9262, a law to counter violence against women and children. – Rappler.com