Maine Mendoza’s camp seeks legal action against fake scandal video

Maine Mendoza’s mom, Mary Ann Mendoza, went to the National Bureau of Investigation’s Anti-Cybercrime Division on Monday, December 28, to seek legal action against those spreading a fake and malicious video linking her daughter to a supposed sex scandal.

Hindi siya makatarungan. Lumagay man kayo sa amin bilang magulang, siguro mararamdaman niyo 'yong sakit na nararamdaman naming pamilya niya, “ Mary Ann told ABS-CBN.

(It’s not justifiable. If you were in our position as parents, you would feel the hurt we, as her family, are going through.)

Mary Ann said that they want the fake video removed online and the person who uploaded the video traced.

Maine earlier denied that she was the girl in the said scandal video.

In a December 22 tweet, she wrote: “Wtf???? Sobrang kamukha ko kinilabutan ako pero hindi ako to!” (It looks like me but this is not me!)

Her manager, Rams David of All Access to Artist Inc, previously issued a statement saying Maine was not involved in the said video. They are also taking steps to hold those behind the malicious video accountable.

"We remind the public to be more discerning of the content they see online and help us take down this voyeuristic and defamatory content," part of the statement read.

"We are grateful for your continued trust and support for Ms. Mendoza. Rest assured that we are taking all necessary steps to hold the individuals involved accountable and we are coordinating with the proper government agencies to remove this content online permanently."

– Rappler.com